RS Warrior Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I created a thread asking if anyone could help me get in contact with another forum member who owes me some money. I got an e-mail today saying the thread had been moved. A link was provided in the e-mail to the new location, but when I click on it it says "Forum not found". A search also does not return anything pointing me to said thread.

Questions:

1. It was originally posted in the WarriorGeneral Discussion forum. Where is the appropriate place for such an item?

2. Where was the thread moved to?

Now that I think about it I suppose these should have the same answer. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Slopoke but no that's not it, I started a new one asking for information from anyone about him.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I would imagine the right place for it would have been under the General Forum in Anything Goes since the Warrior General Discussion Forum is for non-technical Warrior related topics. Unless this guy you're looking for transforms into a Warrior (how cool would that be?) then that would have been the wrong forum. The subtitles of the forums are there to help decide where to post.

As far as where it actually got moved... I imagine the answer is different. I suspect (because it's not uncommon to see)that when hewrote "moved" (Darkstar?) he meant it was moved to the "pending review" area that no members can access. There's only 4 people as I understand it (Admin and mods) that have access there (why it didn't show up on search). It will likely bedeleted which seems to be what normally happens after it's "moved". My guess is whatever moderator moved it felt you were calling out a member unfairly. Try calling their seat uglyand the same thing will happen by the way. lol

As far as finding if someone's been on the forum latelycheck their profile and you can see when they last visited. At least you'll know then if they are purposely ignoring your PMs or if they just haven't been on.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Marco Polo said:
As far as finding if someone's been on the forum latelycheck their profile and you can see when they last visited. At least you'll know then if they are purposely ignoring your PMs or if they just haven't been on.
Thanks, I didn't know about that. I'll be checking that out. Often.

Sharp said:
Looks like he hasn't logged in since Oct. 3rd. Got another way of contacting him?
Unfortunately no I do not, except by snail mail (I had to know his address to send him the controls). I posted that thread because I was hoping someone else on here might.
Arizona Warrior said:
Here ya go.
Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
It was moved to the Wanted forum. Whenever you need to find a post that you made all you have to do is click on your own name and it will open your profile and show you the last 5 posts you made. You can also click on the "recent posts" link in your profile to see all your posts starting with the most recent.

·
Vendor
4,401 Posts
he must have got them because they are listed under his details.. That sucks, hopefully just an honest error. A cat was on here looking for a stock right side footpeg and I had one so, I sent it. Cost me 6 bucks..never did send me a check and all I wanted was the 6 bucks...some people..I was late on those controls and wanted them too...guess I could have got em for free if I saw it earlier..JK best of luck with this.. I have a buddy in Iowa...might be able to help you there..

·
Registered
611 Posts
parkinglot said:
he must have got them because they are listed under his details.. That sucks, hopefully just an honest error. A cat was on here looking for a stock right side footpeg and I had one so, I sent it. Cost me 6 bucks..never did send me a check and all I wanted was the 6 bucks...some people..I was late on those controls and wanted them too...guess I could have got em for free if I saw it earlier..JK best of luck with this.. I have a buddy in Iowa...might be able to help you there..

We may not agree on every topic but P-lot pays his bills period. I can say if you ever have a choice between several unkowns and Dave here, go with Dave and all will be good.

Ps Plus as of now he has 303 posts and just added a boobie avatar, so there is no way you will get burned ! LOL

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
30,714 Posts
So you mean I don't have to keep using voodo?
Sangathor said:
It was moved to the Wanted forum. Whenever you need to find a post that you made all you have to do is click on your own name and it will open your profile and show you the last 5 posts you made. You can also click on the "recent posts" link in your profile to see all your posts starting with the most recent.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
parkinglot said:
he must have got them because they are listed under his details..
I also noticed that it says his occupation is the army, so that may have something to do with his tardiness. I do want to reiterate that I am not trying to bash him (not yet anyway) I really just want to contact him so I can get my much-needed money. In one of his PM's he also said something about a wedding shower so maybe he is on a really long honeymoon? Well if it ends up being military obligations I'll probably feel bad for even starting this thread even though it has been so long.

Marco Polo said:
haha, the Wanted forum.... "WANTED: My Money mfer!"
parkinglot said:
I was late on those controls and wanted them too...guess I could have got em for free if I saw it earlier
nmbillr said:
Ps Plus as of now he has 303 posts and just added a boobie avatar, so there is no way you will get burned ! LOL
Arizona Warrior said:
So you mean I don't have to keep using voodo?

Good stuff!

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
wedding or armyobligations arent an excuse the dude should have paid you the money he owed regardless if it was 6 cents or $600.00 imo. hope you get paid up and can put this behind you

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Exactly. If he had the time to update his profile to include what you gave him then he had a few minutes to shoot you over a Paypal payment obviously. Everyone has a couple of minutes to take care of quick obligations like that at SOME point over a month's time.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well it's a bit more complicated than that. Here's a quick timeline, as it would be unfair to say I sent controls and heard nothing else:

Sep.12: I send controls, provide track # via UPS

Sep.15: He says he'll send money (check) on 16th, is late due to wedding shower

Sep.22: I say I haven't received check

Sep.23: He says he sent money (check) on 16th, I say I'll wait a couple more days then

Sep.27: I say check hasn't arrived - no response

Oct.4: I say check hasn't arrived - no response

Oct.12: I send short PM "Hello?" - no response **One month**

Oct.18: Well here I am....

So really, 1 month 1 week since transaction; almost 1 month since no response. Still a pretty long time to wait and wonder

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
I feel your pain for monies lost. Best way to look at it is as a lesson learned. When selling I only accept paypal.........bar none. When buying, unless the person has a 99+ rating, and after having checked their profile for negative comments, I don't even try to make a deal. We have had members, as good as their original intentions were, screw people out of money for either parts or services.

Worst case scenerio, fact that he was having a wedding shower???.....his signifigant other left him for another guy and he's just too depressed to respond at the moment!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.