RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just saved the template, and resized it to the correct dimensions using Photoshop. I just printed it out, and the verified the dimensions with a ruler, and they're right on. I'm going to head to the hardware store tonight, and work on getting everything I need to relocate the coils/sensors.

Thanks again guys!

PS, if anyone wants the ready to print (I resized 2 samples) picture, and reference picture drop me a line!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a question on the BAK / coil
On the print out it shows the AP sensor plug
Pointing to the left But on the finished product
I see the AP sensor plug facing to the right
1. Which one is correct and
2. Do i need to relocate the holes for the sensor

·
Registered
8,222 Posts
This forum format sucks everything has gone missing. My board & T-square are still set up when I have time I'll draw a DYI coil relocation plate print for our members = stand by.

·
Administrator
28,376 Posts
Earlier today I checked all all of Bill's and Richard's materials are gone (except the few bits Richard let me save as pdf's that are now in the Documentation forum).

I checked Frankenstein and no luck.

I also could not find Mark's template which I thought he posted awhile back after modifying for Dyna coils.

I sent Mark a note asking if he would send to you what he can.

Sux.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Churchkey, that coil plate pdf is really helpful, thanks! Going to end up having to build one since I don't think akitadog is active anymore and Barons doesn't sell just the plate I don't think.

Also, it's not perfect but sometimes you can get what you need from a broken forum link by using the archive[.]org wayback machine to search for old indexed copies of the thread from back in the day. For example, I just did a quick search and found a random thread that you get an oops page on:

Example:
https://www.rswarrior.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=16326

Say you're dying to get the data in that old thread and it sounds perfect. All hope is not lost!
Head over to the wayback machine here: Wayback Machine and throw the link above in the search bar. You'll see a calendar with several snapshot dates appear. Select a year/date from the date bar and then look for a little bubble around one of the days on the calendar. Hover over it and choose a snapshot by clicking the timestamp link. If the stars align and you're lucky enough that the archive bots indexed this page correctly you'll be directed to the archived copy of it. For example, the thread from the link above can be found here:

The Yamaha Road Star Warrior Forum - Anyone move coils to left side mount?

A few caveats:
  • You won't always get images which is what I'm looking for many times. However, the thread discussion can be really helpful even if the pics aren't there to go along with it.The wayback machine doesn't store pictures, but if the pictures still exist off of the forum somewhere like photobucket or imgur then you'll get lucky and they'll still load.
  • You can't download files most of the time. Again, the wayback machines can't store the whole internet or they'd fill up half the data centers on earth. If there is something linked offsite though, and it still exists though, you may get lucky.
  • Formatting can be kinda jacked up sometimes and it may be hard to read. However, if it's just information you're after it doesn't need to be pretty.
Hope that helps someone some day. Maybe it's worth making a dedicated post about this process somewhere? If so, tell me where and I'll write it up with good detail. I've already used it a handful of times as I've stumbled over many broken links that have discussions I'm interested in.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts