RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys, you have been extremely helpful in my times of need. I am calling on you one more time. I have heard that there is a mod out there that someone did with a garage door opener that activates when he flashes his high beams, or something like that. This is something I am very interested in. I have in deed used the search function for "garage door" and nothing pops right out. I have went through the mod pages going all the way back to 2010 and saw nothing. Any guidance would be appreciated.

·
Registered
354 Posts
When my garage opener motor failed i had to replace it. They make them now that link to your house WiFi and have an app. I can open my garage right from my handlebar mounted phone. Might be worth looking into if yohr motor already had this capability, or if its nearing an upgrade time anyways.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
51 Posts
When my garage opener motor failed i had to replace it. They make them now that link to your house WiFi and have an app. I can open my garage right from my handlebar mounted phone. Might be worth looking into if yohr motor already had this capability, or if its nearing an upgrade time anyways.

Do you have any part information on this kit?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Do you have any part information on this kit?
I have a craftsman garage motor, and its the "assurelink" that offers the wifi and app. I know Chamberlain had some with the capability as well but i cant speak to how well it works. I have not had a single problem with my craftsman model.

Also, depending on what motor you have now, you can buy just the assurelink for craftsman for $55, and the Chamberlain piece for $100. Below are some links that say they offer smartphone use.

Chamberlain B550 Smartphone-Controlled Ultra-Quiet & Strong Belt Drive Garage Door Opener with MED Lifting Power, Blue https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0758L67KP/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_lA2oCbKQ5X1MB

https://m.sears.com/connected-solutions-wireless-home-monitoring-safety-devices-smart-garage-door-openers/b-1342037599

·
Registered
2,031 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Try contacting Bruce59 as if not mistaken he did this mod using a button like the one on the tachometer conected to a garage opener. He may still have the details of his write up
I found my old post on that. Unfortunately most of my photos are missing from my old posts. Here it is and I'll see if I can take some new photos and add them later today.
https://www.rswarrior.com/forums/14-installed-warrior-modifications-accessories/146471-garage-door-opener-wide-band-commander-switch.html

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
I have 2 door remotes & no BS on the bike.

#1 The dogs alert the Mrs. that I'm getting close to home she opens the garage door
with a GDO from the house.

#2 A keypad on the garage door jam. I really dislike this device if I use it I end up having to push the bike maybe 15 feet into the garage = bummer.

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
I have a small remote on the bottom of the cover that works great. Hardly notice it. A second remote opens the fridge and cracks a cold one.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts