RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys know where I can buy Mobil1 V-Twin oil? I went to several Kragen, but none of them stock it.

·
Registered
549 Posts
The AutoZone in my neighborhood has never heard of it. I'm still looking for it. I used the 15-50 red cap this time. I'll have to hit some other AZ locations I guess.

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I called all the Auto Xones in my area, they enver stock it. Found a HArley shop that has some. $9/qt. Guess that will have to do.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Yep, I had to go to the local HD dealer myself (not so local, about 35 miles)... There are lots of online stores willing to ship, for a fee...

·
Registered
739 Posts
follow this link. this is the search page for mobi1 v-twin oil. http://www.mobil1.com/motorcycle/index.jsp
click on the link to the left side of the screen that says "where can i find..."

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
whats wrong with yamalube 4. my last 13 bikes all used 20-50 castrol gtx & never had oil related issues. rings, valve guides, engine ware all fine. i know theres alot better oils than gtx but come on $9 a quart is a total rip especially if youre changing it at 3,000mi

·
Registered
349 Posts
$9 bucks a quart! ****, they must be really proud of that oil. Too proud for me. I use Yamalube in my bikes and it's cheaper that way.[8D]

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, I have used Mobil1 for the lastg 20 years. So for me there is no substitute !!! Also on my car it specifically says in the hood on a metal label, use Mobil1 synthetic 20W50 ONLY. so it must be good [8D]

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Bis my vett said use mobil 1 also but it said that because Mobil 1 paid Chevy to put it there. I am with the change it often thing. Any oil that meats the latest API standards and good oil, sure some are better but 9 buck a quart? I would bet money that if a lab tested all the different mobil 1 oils nothing would be different other than the lable.

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
No, the Mobil 1 VTwin does not additives. It is specially formulated for VTwin Motorcycle Engine's (wet clutch system's) I have used Mobil 1 VTwin on my last 3 VTwin's with no problem's.

Bismarck,
If you need to get some Mobil1 VTwin 20-50 shoot me an email. My AutoZone carries it in stock. I could always pick you up some and ship it out. Let me know.

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks Darkstar, thats generous of you, I have 6 extra ones now in my garage, so I should be good for another 6000 miles given that I just changed the oil.

·
Registered
138 Posts
He Biz! I have been using Mobile one Syn for years in everything. Got tired of looling for the big twin. Eric has Amsoil for under $6.00. I really like it. Had to set the idle back and you can notice a big difference in the way the trans shifts.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts