RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just rode my new Warrior home. First time I have ever bought a new bike without a test ride. I am NOT disappointed! It's silver which BTW, is the slowest color. I know it's the slowest cuz it was the last one off of a showroom floor in Alaska. Anyone wanting a new one up here will have to wait for the 04s. Thanks to all for the advice earlier this week. Thanks to the replies I rec'd and reading the forums, I have on order; new seats, back rest, cowling, fairing, Double T bars and risers, Big Shots and a PC III. If I'm gonna do it I might as well jump in with both feet! I need more help though. The dealer can't find the owners manual and says it will take a week or more to get one in. I would sure like to know how to set the clock and put it in a 24 hr mode. Also, is there anything important I should be aware of? I don't want to screw something up due to ignorance. Most important though, where is the **** cup holder??

·
Registered
114 Posts
This is straight out of the owners manual. To set the clock:
1. Turn the bike to on but don't start
2. Push both the Select and the Reset buttons at the same time for atleast two seconds
3. When the hour starts to flash push the reset button to set the hour
4. Push the Select button and the minute starts to flash.
5. Push the Reset button to set the minute like you did the hour.
6. Push the Select button to start the clock again.

As far as anything you should know about the bike for the first 600 miles. Try and keep the RPM's below 3500 or so. You most likely won't hurt it but that's what the dealer will most likely tell you to keep it to.
This bike will get about 110 to 130 miles to a tank on average so when the fuel light comes on you have about 20 miles left in the tank if you push it.
Other than that go ride and enjoy your new toy. Congrats, and welcome to the forum

·
Registered
176 Posts
Have you looked under the saddle for the Owners Manual? That's where I found mine. The salesman didn't take the time to go through the manual, start up and break-in, etc. with me.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Congrats on the new bike!! Note: due to foot peg postion feet seem
to blow off the pegs at about 90mph...keep those toes turned in!!
have fun, Keith

·
Premium Member
13,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Clock is now set, thanks much. Can it be switched to a 24 hour mode? Checked under the seat, no manual, just too many tools crammed into a very small, very thin plastic pouch!

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
the cup holder is an option that you find at the nearest bar, tavern, coffee shop, street corner, grocery store or laundry mat, etc. When you locate the cup holder, make sure she holds your cup in a way that she still has the ability to be your tool bag

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
That's what a Camel Back is for. [/emoticons/emotion-5.gif] You could put something warm to drink in a Camel Back and it'll keep you warm in Alaska. [/emoticons/emotion-4.gif]

You still have two free hands to hold on for your dear life. [:0]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts