RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heya folks, just have to ask. Please, before you blast me, I have been looking for hours and I have been blessed with a plethora of information about the rise, pull back, width and everything about the handlebars. Now, here's the question.

Which T-Bars match the stock bars of the 2005 Warrior. From what I have read, the stock bars are 13" pullback, 34" wide, and have 5.5" rise. I would like to find a "T" bar that has as much if not a bit more pullback and within 1" of rise to the stockers. The width I can always cut down some if too wide. From what I have read, the Carlini Super Sweepers seem real popular, but from what I am reading, they don't match the dimensions I am looking for compared to the stockers. What am I missing, or are riser mods needed to obtain this. Are longer cables and lines needed?

Thanks in advance for the gentle blasting and any help.

Bob

·
Administrator
30,111 Posts
So I gather the stock bars are comfortable for you, but you want barsthat look better? I'm not familiar with any T-bars that match oem dimensions. Also, many T-bars are larger OD after the grip so cutting down might be limited.

It sounds like you already looked in the Popular Mods post under 'handlebars' so lemme hunt around. Later.

·
Vendor
4,401 Posts
I have the supersweeps and love them. They are very close to the stock dimensions, but not exact. Pacific coast star has an exclusivedeal with carlini...carlini makes bars for oil drippers, and I guess PCC talked them into making a bar that has better pullback for the warrior and they are the only oines that sell the supersweep with this dimension...the dimensions are 9" rise 11" pullback 31" width. If you want them internally wired, you need to lengthen the wires...the brake line is tight, but works....they have a set that were made incorrectly and are selling CHEAP....sheck it out..3rd down... http://www.pacificcoaststar.com/pcs/unique_specials.htm

Dont know if this is accurate, but check it out... http://www.sideroadcycles.com/ImportedMotorcycles/ImportHandlebars/StockBarsOne.html

I love the supersweeps, they are comfortable and fat 1.5" and built really well....best wishes..

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
The bars that come closest to stock dimensions are the Yamaha TT Bars. I used to have them, and I loved them. They were very comfortable. I only changed them out to go with a 1.5" bar.

·
Administrator
30,111 Posts
This is the known T-bar info, is anyone else finding any new t-bars on the market?

Handlebars -

Stock - 2002-2003: 11-1/2" pullback 34" wide 6" rise
Stock - 2004-2008: 13" pullback 34" wide 5-1/2" rise
Yamaha TT- 2002-2008: 10-1/2" pullback 34-1/4" wide 6-1/2" rise
Barons Bomber - 2002-2008: 5-1/2" pullback 33" wide 4-1/2" rise
Barons Radius - 2002-2008: 7-1/2" pullback 33" wide 7-1/2" rise

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
parkinglot said:
I have the supersweeps and love them. They are very close to the stock dimensions, but not exact. Pacific coast star has an exclusivedeal with carlini...carlini makes bars for oil drippers, and I guess PCC talked them into making a bar that has better pullback for the warrior....
"Oil Drippers" Nice!

·
Premium Member
1,841 Posts
Carlini Super Sweeps all the way! You will not regret it... they look killer with those internal wires done.

Super Sweeps 1.50" -9"

• Thickness: 1.50" in.

• Width: 31.5" in.

• Pullback (depth): 11.5 " in.

• Rise (height): 9 " in.

Check what Pacific Coast Star sells.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks folks. Let me make sure I am reading the measurements right.

The stockers having 13" pullback, the Carlinis have 11.5.

The stockers have 5.5" rise, the Carlinis are 9".

The stock width is 34", the Carlinis 31.5".

I guess I am going to have to suck it up and buy them and see if they work for me. Anyone locally have them on their bike? Just a bit of an expense to eat if I don't like them is all. Call me paranoid. Yes,. they look awesome. Just makes me think that they will be a bit up and forward from what I have currently.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Check with Ruckus. I have stockers on mine and they're comfortable for me, but I rode his bike and the bars

he has were just as comfortable as stock and didn't block the tach or speedo.

His profile says punisher bars.

·
Registered
881 Posts
I have the Yamaha Star Double TT fat bars - Same as Ruckus, but chrome, and it's comfy as **** and doesn't block the tach or the speedo and it's pretty **** good lookin!

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Shawnzilla said:
I have the Yamaha Star Double TT fat bars - Same as Ruckus, but chrome, and it's comfy as **** and doesn't block the tach or the speedo and it's pretty **** good lookin!

Yes they are very good-looking! Dug this out of Shawn's gallery:

·
Premium Member
1,841 Posts
nedreck said:
Thanks folks. Let me make sure I am reading the measurements right.

The stockers having 13" pullback, the Carlinis have 11.5.

The stockers have 5.5" rise, the Carlinis are 9".

The stock width is 34", the Carlinis 31.5".

I guess I am going to have to suck it up and buy them and see if they work for me. Anyone locally have them on their bike? Just a bit of an expense to eat if I don't like them is all. Call me paranoid. Yes,. they look awesome. Just makes me think that they will be a bit up and forward from what I have currently.
Yes, they will be forward and will partially cover the speedo... but nobody cares because they are a zillion times better for riding. Carlini are designed to combat the numb effect you get in your hands, due to better vibration control. There is a reason why you pay 300 bucks, it is not just the chrome... Check migsy's bike, he has the exclusive Super Sweeps bars I linked you to Pacific:

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
bars that fit one rider might not be so comfy for the other, i've tried a few and and finally found some that fit me nice, it wasnt cheap as i bought and sold a few so to save you some time andmoney i would definitely look for others in your area and ask to sit on their bike to see how you like them, other mods such as a new or modified seat might also change the way the bars feel, just something to think about while your searching for yours

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Tech is bang on. Love my Carlinis and haven't found anything that looks as great and is in the perfect riding position for me. I'm 5'9" and it's like they were custom made to order.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
I definatly like to look and feel of the Cruiser Punisher Series 1120 bars on my bike. They are 1.5" think and the 13 inch pull back make riding very confortable. Several of us SoCal North guys such as Rifleman223, Classic, Filipinowarrior and IBDLAW have installed the 1120 bars on their warrior. The only drawback is that with the 13 inch pull back, covers the top portion of the speedo but it not that big of a deal for me. The bars are preped for internal wiring which I have not done yet but it does give a cleaner look. I got mine from one of our site supporters Phat Performance Parts in Irvine. They mailed them over in like 2 days which was pretty cool.

I was supprised to see them available again since for a while Cruiser Performance stop making them. Also the 1120 is now listed as being a 12 inch pullback instead of 13 inch. All of the rest of the demension seems to be the same.

Personally, I think they arevery simular in style tothe Carlini's but only cost $179.95

Hope this is helpful!

Phat Performance Parts

http://www.phatperformanceparts.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=CPH%2D1120

Cruiser PerformancePunisher

http://www.cruiserperformance.com/warrior_bars.html

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
I've got a question for all those that have the pullback "TT" bars. I hear people saying

the bars block the speedo, by how much? I'm planning on getinga set and leaning

toward the Yamaha because they don't block the view but I like several of the others.

I just don't want to block my speedo completly, I could deal with a little positional

move (hunch down a little or sit up) if I could see it, I just don't want it totally blocked.

I'm 5'9" by the way. And I apologize, I'm not trying to take over NEDRECKSpost.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Well i think that i might be the right person to talk to. I too am 5'9". And i have the Yami TT phat bars on my warrior. They do not block the speedo or the tack at all. I absolutely love these bars and think that they are the best you can get (unless you want to spend $3000 on extreme bars). I love the stance, its very aggressive but its not uncomfortable at all. I rode from columbia to clemson (about a 2 and a half hour ride) and i felt fine. My .02 is to get the bars, you wont have any regrets.

·
Premium Member
2,988 Posts
kichigai said:
I definatly like to look and feel of the Cruiser Punisher Series 1120 bars on my bike. They are 1.5" think and the 13 inch pull back make riding very confortable. Several of us SoCal North guys such as Rifleman223, Classic, Filipinowarrior and IBDLAW have installed the 1120 bars on their warrior. The only drawback is that with the 13 inch pull back, covers the top portion of the speedo but it not that big of a deal for me. The bars are preped for internal wiring which I have not done yet but it does give a cleaner look. I got mine from one of our site supporters Phat Performance Parts in Irvine. They mailed them over in like 2 days which was pretty cool.

I was supprised to see them available again since for a while Cruiser Performance stop making them. Also the 1120 is now listed as being a 12 inch pullback instead of 13 inch. All of the rest of the demension seems to be the same.

Personally, I think they arevery simular in style tothe Carlini's but only cost $179.95

Hope this is helpful!

Phat Performance Parts

http://www.phatperformanceparts.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=CPH%2D1120

Cruiser PerformancePunisher

http://www.cruiserperformance.com/warrior_bars.html

+1 ... I have the 1125's and they have way less pullbackbut they do not block the speedo or tach... I'm 6' 3"

You will lean a little forward on these but I like them and like I said I have full view of the speedo and tach.

·
Premium Member
1,841 Posts
Arcwelder said:
Well i think that i might be the right person to talk to. I too am 5'9". And i have the Yami TT phat bars on my warrior. They do not block the speedo or the tack at all. I absolutely love these bars and think that they are the best you can get (unless you want to spend $3000 on extreme bars). I love the stance, its very aggressive but its not uncomfortable at all. I rode from columbia to clemson (about a 2 and a half hour ride) and i felt fine. My .02 is to get the bars, you wont have any regrets.
Can you wire them internally?

I win, let me pay you few beers!

Personally, I would rather have the bars blocking a little the speedo (I never watch it anyways, heh) and give the bike that clean look with no wire mess. I used to have the TT Yami bars also. The difference is really big, once you grab the Carlini Super Sweeps and twist that throttle... Is like riding a new bike, no more numb arms for me... worth every penny I paid for. I decided to get those bars because what other Warriors said about them.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you all so much. You have all been beyond helpful and I greatly appreciate it. It looks like I have narrowed my choices down to either the Carlinis or the CP Punishers. Those two seem to match my bar dimensions more than most. I am planning on doing the internal wiring, but I will pull the wires through before I ever mount them on the bike then splice below the bars. I have read the posts about how to do it, and this way sounds esier to me. I will update when I get it done.

Hey NJWarrior, that's what we are here for, to learn and get the information so we can make the choices. I hope this info has helped you as much as it did me.

I will post pics once I get the bars. Maybe Santa will help me out.

Bob

1 - 20 of 28 Posts