RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just joined the site and have been looking to buy a Warrior sometime in the next month or so.

My budget will only allow for a used bike, I managed to find 3 bikes available locally and now I need some advice.

The contenders:

2006 w/1100mi

upgrades:Vance & Hines 2 into 1 exhaust & custom leather saddle bags

2003 w/8000mi
upgrades:HardKrome 2-1 Sideburner exhaust,Barons AIS Removal kit,Power Commander III (USB),Chuchkey's Velocity Stack Big Air Kit, ET Performance's Metric Krank Vent, Speed Star 31 Tooth Front Pulley
New Metzler tires, 210 Rear (>300 miles)
Yamaha rear inner fender eliminator
PIAA extreme white headlight
Clear turn signal covers
Custom right side intake

2002 w/6000mi

upgrades:Custom paint, bars, mirrors, grips, intake, Vance & Hines exhaust.

Each bike is about $1,200 more than the earlier model.

I guess I'm leaning towards the 2003, mostly because of the upgrades and it's at the limit of my budget, but it's also got the most milage.

I plan on looking at all 3 this weekend, but was hoping for a little advice on things to look for. [?]

Are there any major differences between the 2002 and 2006 releases?

Thanks in advance!!

D

·
Registered
747 Posts
depending on the paint... i'd probably lean towards the 2002. It seems to have the expensive/important mods (intake/exhaust/paint/bars/mirrors/grips) AIS is easy (and cheap). Flip 'n Grind lowering mod is free. New turn signals are pretty cheap (as long as you know how to wire stuff up). Redhorse has a rear fender eliminator walkthrough that is free as well. And with the $1200 you save, you can choose your own mods (pcIII, chrome parts, etc etc)

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
Look at all 3, and go with the one that moves you. Check the quality of the custom paint. Also if the paint job is not a style that turns you on, factor in redoing it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys.

The '02 actually has the coolest paint job, so I hope I like it in person.

Appreciate the advice!!

D

·
Registered
871 Posts
To those of you that have the older models....if he goes with the 02 or 03 and the recalls haven't been done, there is the potential for some serious saving on some nice engine upgrades right?

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
Nothing stands out like custom paint, of course it has to be custom paint you like and the quality has to be there. If the 02 works for you it's the one that gets my vote.

·
Registered
22,677 Posts
8,000 miles is nothing, so I wouldn't even let mileage play into the decision. Which one's cleaner & the closest to what you want? The '06 will have slightly updated ergos over the other two, but you'll probably play around with that no matter which bike you get.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Is that 02 blue w/ silver racing stripes? Just curious since I considered that bike before I bought mine. The main reason was I didn't care for all the upgrades he did and I wanted to save some money.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah, the 02 was dark blue w/ a silver/blue stripe down the center.

Well, the 02 and 03 were both sold when I called today [/emoticons/emotion-6.gif]

So I'm going to look at the 06 and another 06 Saturday.

D

·
Registered
803 Posts
It depends on if you want what someone else has built or have a plan already in mind. The 03 is most interesting to me. 06 next then 02.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts