RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Presently have Yamaha double T's. I want to wire internally and know I cant with these bars. Too bad they are nice bars. I have done a fairly extensive search and believe I have narrowed it down to #1 Baron radius (maybe enferno if someone can convince me they are worth the extra bucks) #2 Carini 1.5 with 7" rise and pull (definately pricey though) #3 CP 1.5 Massive T bars ( seem a little too tall and bulky) Advise? Any problems with the Barons seeing tach/speedo, wiring etc... Thanks.

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
From all the posts I have read the internal wire mod does clean up the front of the bike
but it seems to take the better part of a full day to complete and a real pain in the a$$ !
I have the yammi double fat t bars now and im going to wrap all the cables in stainlees covers .
saw a few picts in gallery pages of them and they all looked pretty good . i have barons enferno grips installed and they look great on plain chrome bars . i think the enferno bars would just be to busy !

good luck

Insert Image:

15.82KB

Insert Image:

4.52KB

·
Registered
260 Posts
quote:Originally posted by kmdc

Any problems with the Barons seeing tach/speedo, wiring etc... Thanks.

I too would like to know which one is less stressful to install. I narrowed my choices down to #1 Barons radius bar OR #2 Milwaukee's super radius bar.

I searched around and found that the Milwaukee's has issues concerning installing spacers and it's on the way of the speedo. Is Baron the same thing too?

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
With any TT bars, you are going to have some people that get their view of the tach/speedo impaired. It just depends on your height in relation to the seat. I love my Yammi bars, but if I were to go the internally wired route, I'd opt for the Carlini bars. Just personal preference. Also, I would imagine that wiring bars with a bigger inside diameter, such as Carlini and CP 1.5 bars would be easier.

·
Registered
7,696 Posts
I have the CP 1.5 bars with 9" of rise and I absolutely love them. Some guys on the site wired them internally ok, I tried it and failed as the wires tend to snag when you try to go through the 45 degree turn, there is something like 14 or 16 individual wires on the left side and it's a fat little lot to get through a small hole. You also have to redrill the CP bars if you want to internally wire as they aren't engineered correctly, the hand controls cover the entry point for the wires.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I went with the CP 1.5, but with a 6 inch rise. They are made for the V-Stars, and Road Stars, but can be made to work with the RSW with a single washer under each riser. They are fat, low and mean. Check my gallery. I don't know how tall you are, but I'm 6'1", and they are fine. They put you into a more forward riding position, lore lile a drag bike.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
I have the CP bars on my Vstar with 6" riser. They said it would clear the tank, it does untill you're using handlebars to back and turn, dented my tank. Had to get a 1.25" spacer machined to stop this. 8" bars won't hit tank. Wiring did take a full day, edges inside are not smooth, they will shave insulation if you get in a hurry. I do love the look, But am happy with the Baron's Radius Bars on my Warrior. These wer on my bike when I purchased it, so I can't say how hard it was to do internal wiring.

·
Registered
260 Posts
quote:Originally posted by the_grider

I do love the look, But am happy with the Baron's Radius Bars on my Warrior. These wer on my bike when I purchased it, so I can't say how hard it was to do internal wiring.

grider,

The bars you have now is the one w/ 7 1/2 rise and 7 1/2 pullback Barons Radius Bar?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts