RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'vesearched for a custom map but there aren't many that have details. I know it would be best to get custom map doneon my bike. Till I get the funds what map would be best. The bike is an 07 with PCIII usb, patrick racing HC pistons, speed* cam and springs, street sweepers, and barons BAK. I bought the bike used in October. Before I downloaded the PCIII software a few days ago and found what map was in the beast, I could hear some pinging over the street sweepers pretty often. I started getting gas at a station that has three seperate hoses. That has seemed to help alot, but still can hear that pinging sometimes when doing a 5th gear roll on from 70 mph. The notes for the map in it was for 2002-2004, Vance & Hines Propipe,Yamaha power up kit, Open velocity stacks. I'm guessingtheYamaha power up kit means the complete speed* kit. I don't have the ecu or injectors. Would this map make me pretty lean since I don't have the injectors. I just put a map from the PCIII download site that is for a 2002-2005 Samson Street Sweeper exhaust and Speedstar air box. Does anyone know of a better map from any sorce that I can use until I can get the beast custom tuned? All suggestions and ideas welcome. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
The ECU advances the time a little and also drops the fuel pressure, besides the plus in RPMs. So I would think if it was a complete upgrade it wouldnt be a good match. As far as the other its not that good of a match either but since you have advanced your timing a little (cam) and leaned your air/fuel (Bak) . Those Street Sweepers offer very little back pressure which is good on the HP but is a far cry different from stock too. JMHO look some more and maybe a member has a closer set up but if you do decide to do it check your plugs often. Good luck

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure I understand if your saying the map I just put in is better or not. Please excuse my dumbness. I'll do some more looking. I've looked in the download section but most of the maps don't have a description for the kind of mods they are for. I know beggers can't be choosers just hoping. I guess I'm mainly wanting some opions for the map I have in it now and if there is a map from power commander that might be closer to what I need to get me by till I go with a custom tune.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts