RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at buying a Warrior and want to replace the UGLY factory exhaust before it leaves the showroom floor. I don't want something obnoxiously loud. I like the Shogun ground pounders but don't know how they would be. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Originally posted by maxmaniac
I don't want something obnoxiously loud.

Then don't look at samsons. They sound great, but loud.

·
Registered
31 Posts
i am also trying to decide which pipes tp put on my Warrior. I like the 2 into 1 systems,the Propipe I like but have heard several complaints here of scraping the pipe in hard right turns. I was wondering if this is from lowering the bike or not. I also like speed* 2-1-2 pipe, has anyone tried one of these and how does it sound? Thanks in advance you guys are great

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
V&H Bigshots. Great performance, sound, and looks. I get compliments all the time. Not a big fan of the Propipe even though it might have the most HP gain. I think it has a very plain look to it. My second choice was the Muzzy. Very nice looking pipe, but I came off an R6 so I didn't want the sportbike look on this bike.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Hardkrome Accellerator! 2 into 1 performance, lots of torque and they sound great. Not many of them out there either.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Muzzy 2-1: no baffle issues, among the top in performance, great cornering clearance, and makes the bike sound like a NASCAR. Up-swept collector maintains more of a sport feel than cruiser.

·
Registered
182 Posts
samson shogun ripsaws... loud but i love the sound especially under hard acceleration. if you leave in the baffles, it's not deafening.

·
Premium Member
13,680 Posts
The V&H Pro pipe gives the best HP and torque gains. For a dual look, the V&H Big Shots, 2-1-2, are very close to the gains of the Pro pipe. Both have good sound without being too loud. The Big Shots even have a quieter baffle available if the stock baffles are too loud for you.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Wonder why this got moved to the Frequently Asked Question Forum.............DO A SEARCH!!!!

Literally half the site is taken up with posts just like this one, all you have to do is use the search feature and search for them.

BTW, Welcome to the site!

Dave

·
Registered
47 Posts
I am also planning on replacing the stock exhaust. Sounds like the Propipe is a good choice. Can anyone tell me where to check for the best prices on the V&H propipe.

·
Registered
802 Posts

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
If you plan on hard cornering the pro pipe will drag easily. The Speed Star 2 into 1 sounds great, heard it on Frankenstein bike last week. SS 2into1 is on back order, of course. We asked the guys at Star days about the SS 2into1, we got the, should be in soon. The Muzzy 2-1 may have the best performance, but it's stainless. Both the Muzzy and the SS won't scrape. I have the Big Shots and love them, great sound, hard to scrape but possible ask Audio77.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Muzzy, MUzzy, MUZzy, MUZZy, MUZZY. Check out the latest dyno post from Muzzy users pro pipe may not be the big dog any longer.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Your gonna get a lotta responses on pipes. Doin the search on this site can get you even more confused too.

I could tell you which one not to get. HardKrome 3" big straights. Suckers are big and loud! Thats what I got.

A wise man from this forum(Jimbo) once told me, "Picking your pipes is like picking your woman. Only you know whats best for you."

Hope that helped any.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have the Propipe and lowered with PCS kit and the only thing that scraps is the peg feeler. Gunny, do you have a tricky air kit that makes the propipe drag.

Iwanna , try the Jugg Huggers, but everyone says they definitly will drag.....kinda like changing you shoes, nice to be able to have a different look

·
Registered
1 Posts
All I can say is NO THE D & D SLIP ON!!!!! My bike ran horribly the whole time I had it. I changed to the Cobra staggered lo-boys and was amazed at how much better the bike ran. I took the baffles out of the Cobras and I set off car alarms now and the bike runs great!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts