RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All...

New to the forum and set to purchase a Warrior. I can either get an '05 for $8999 or an '06 for $9699...both are new, never ridden or demo'd. I would imagine I can work on the dealer more on the '05 and maybe get the price lower. They would both carry the factory 1 year warranty.

Is there any real difference between the '05 and '06? Thanks in advance and I look forward to reading all the other posts in this fine Forum.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Check out this thread: http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=43463&SearchTerms=braided,brake

In that particular thread, a forum member posted this:

New for 2006:

Radial-mount front brake calipers provide the latest in braking performance.
New supersport-inspired five-spoke cast wheels look great, so do the new braided stainless clutch and throttle cables.
A new pulley design gets all that power to the back wheel with even more style.
And even faster new color - Cobalt

You will find the Search function highly useful on this site!

Personally I'd go for the '05.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
I would suggest that you go with a 06. There is very similar but the 06 comes with the newer 5 spoke wheels and pulley, better front brakes and steel braided cables! Also in 06 it also came in red which I hear some say its faster! HAhaha!

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
I would suggest that you go with a 06. There is very similar but the 06 comes with the newer 5 spoke wheels and pulley, better front brakes and steel braided cables! Also in 06 it also came in red which I hear some say its faster! HAhaha!

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
If I were you I'd buy a low mileage 05 with many popular mods conveniently pre-installed. You'll save thousands when you consider the mods.

Oh, did I mention mine is for sale for 8,000.00 with a lot of mods?

·
Registered
681 Posts
like kichigai said go with the 06 its just a few bucks more and the resale would be better and i really like the 06 rims.

Insert Image:

38.43KB

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
I would look at the bikes, then buy the bike that attracts my eye more. Either bike try to get an after market pipe included, if your like most of us that is the first mod you will want to do anyway.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
dgann,

05 or 06!? Which ever one you choose I would think that you couldn't go wrong with either one. Both are Warriors! Heck! Buy both them![/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

Me!? I'd probably go with the 05 since I already own an 05.

Good luck! And WELCOME to the forums!

quote:Originally posted by kichigai

Also in 06 it also came in red which I hear some say its faster! HAhaha!

kichigai,

Yeah! But that's just hear say...[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif][/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

Mark aka Mad Man

·
Registered
88 Posts
i'd go with the '06. my answer is biased because i own an '06 but... it is a year newer, has nicer wheels (IMO) and nicer color schemes (again IMO) i love mine and have had it for 5 months now. can't wait for the snow to melt so i can ride it again. /emoticons/emotion-1.gif

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sounds like the '06 is the way to go. It is the Cobalt Blue with silver flames by the way. Wish it was the Midnight, though...that is a sweet looking bike.

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
either one is a good choice but you.ll want to lay some custom colors on it if you want it to run a little faster, everyone knows custom paint is theee fastest[8D]

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
quote:Originally posted by TheZsdad

06, Cause their faster[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

But 07 Midnite's are fastest![/emoticons/emotion-2.gif] What color are they?

·
Premium Member
8,763 Posts
Just my .02,
Historically, many pre-'06' bikes have had failures to the middle shaft and front drive pulley coming loose because of the inadequate factory torque spec of 72 ft~lbs @ the frt pulley nut [/emoticons/emotion-6.gif]

Yamaha has addressed this issue very quietly [V] in the '06' and later bikes with redesigned parts in the affected areas [/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

I would suggest going with the later bike for the reason above as well as the look of the radial mounted front calipers.

The only downside to the later model is that the Yamaha chrome billet fork tube covers won't fit on the later bikes [:0]

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Good point Alan! Yamaha also stopped making the lower cowl and fairing for the 06 and newer colors. Black is an exception since they made them for 05 which will also work with the 06 and 07.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts