RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at a Corbin Stinger Seat for my 06 Midnight Warrrior.
I tried the yamaha solo seat and it did not fit me right.

Does anyone know does the seat move you forward or back any??

Does the stinger sit higher or lower than the stock seat

It looks like the way the seat is dished out that the back of the seat works as somewhat of a backrest?? or is that part bothersome??

I ride solo all the time, and this is the best looking option that I have.

How is this seat for say 100-200 mile days??

Thanks in advance, Joel

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
I think you'll like the Stinger, just like everyone else. I bought one and have put a few miles on it so far. It does sit you a bit lower than stock, which is good, and the "dish" provides a support for your lower back. I'll be taking the bike on a road trip next week, and I'm quite confident that the seat is going to work for me, along with the CP Pullback Punisher bars that are going on as well. Guys here are saying the seat is perfect for long rides...just do a search
and see.

·
Premium Member
8,823 Posts
quote:Originally posted by BADWAR2

Back on my '04'

The net affect feels Slightly Higher because the seat is wider @ the thighs

It looks like the way the seat is dished out that the back of the seat works as somewhat of a backrest?? or is that part bothersome??
Great lumbar support
. During heavy acceleration and triple digit speeds you won't slip off the seat [
]

I ride solo all the time, and this is the best looking option that I have. I agree

How is this seat for say 100-200 mile days?? Excellent ... I've done a couple of >800 mile days without a butt problem [
]

Thanks in advance, Joel

·
Registered
3,923 Posts

Slightly back on a '02
2" lower then my Duel Touring, 1" lower then GunFighter original factory seat.
No back complaints in general, allows you to pivot your back while riding to ease fatigue.

Most all my trips are 100 to 400 miles
Thanks in advance, Joel

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Alan nailed it. But I seem to sit a bit lower(I have an'04 as well)....the reason being my Clearview GT16 shield appears to be higher now. I haven't installed it on the bike and ridden with it yet...will do that today and post again.

·
Registered
357 Posts
If you buy it from corbin they will customize it for ya. I had them flatten/cut the tail section down so it looked more like the young guns version. The stinger looked to much like a hump to me. Check my gallery for pics.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I have the Stinger Seat and I love it. I've had it for about a year. You sit a little further back which works just fine for me. I had Corbin shave down the back so it doesn't travel so far up the back. Took a couple weeks longer but I like the lower profile (I don't ride two up). It resembles Corbins Gunslinger a little bit. I noticed that the seat wells more than the original stock seat. It prevents me from flat footing it as I could with the stocker which tapers down more towards the tank. Overall, best thing I did for the bike.

Edward

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
I have an 05 and I sit a bit lower and further back. The high back acts like a backrest and gives good support as well as stopping you sliding off when you get on the throttle. I have done several 400+ mile days with no sweat. It will probably need a few hundred miles to break in to your butt though. Luvit. [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
199 Posts
great "single" seat, not for passengers for longer then a few miles as u might already know. when i ordered mine from Corbin, he asked my height and i don't quite remember if he asked my weight, but he custom fit my seat in addition to what style, grains, flames, color,ect. i wanted,. Very, Very, happy with the comfort. The Looks? ,,,, Forgetaboutit,,,,, Just f---king Awesome.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have an '04 and bought the seat 2 years ago, best investment on bike. Great for long rides, and holds your butt in place on fast take-offs.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
soon I am selling my Stinger- for 2004 and up. It's in baby gator, I believe, I'm not sure because I ordered a two-tone snakeskin, but was sent the wrong seat.

It is in mint condition, PM or email if interested.

(sorry, I hope this isn't a thread hi-jack [:I]

·
Registered
55 Posts
quote:Originally posted by independent_lemming

Slightly back on a '02
2" lower then my Duel Touring, 1" lower then GunFighter original factory seat.
No back complaints in general, allows you to pivot your back while riding to ease fatigue.

Most all my trips are 100 to 400 miles
Thanks in advance, Joel

+2; I would add that if you have any kind of a bad back, the seat is a godsend. In addition to being a tush pusher, you can adjust the amount and location of the lumbar pressure by slightly changing position. After break in, the seat is extremely comfy for long rides, but if you have short arms like me, you better get some higher bars and/or risers. I now have Yammy tall risers and flat bar combo, and it works well with the Corbin. I agree that I like it better than any other single thing I have done for the bike.

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
she looks bored or pissed tell her to smile [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

id like to see one from behind [/emoticons/emotion-5.gif], thats not your significant other is it?

quote:Originally posted by vector18

I have the stinger when I ride solo and the girls seem to love it! [/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

·
Registered
199 Posts
Have to agree with onager,,, she has that " if you don't hurry up and take this **** picture, iam gonna beat the snot out of you!" look.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Nice, well it seems to be that more prefer the corbin stinger over the yammi stiletto. I just bought the yammi and came across a killer deal on a corbin and bought it as well after reading up. So anyone need a brand new yammi stiletto for 04+? /emoticons/emotion-1.gif

·
Registered
803 Posts
Now that's a seat worth looking at twice, ok 3 times , umm how do I make a screen saver ?
quote:Originally posted by vector18

Did I hear someone ask for one from behind?? [/emoticons/emotion-3.gif)]

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Hey harleyhunter,

He sold that bike and isn't on here much any more. Here's a pic of my seat ..on the bike in the gallery...and it was all done by Corbin. I bought it used from messx03 , but my understanding is Corbin doesn't charge extra for these choices. They also cut this one a little lower for him.

By the way ...my bike is similar color also.

harleyhunter said:
Nice bike, I have one in the same color too. But about the seat, did Corbin stitch in the flames in the seat or was it custom done.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts