RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted the below in my local Australia forum and was getting plenty of response there. now i think it may be time to let people have their international brag =).

Went for a ride with a couple of mates yesterday. One has a '99 Fireblade 900, the other has an '06 R6. As we started out things were fairly macho as you would all know from personal experience. Before I knew it I had the Warrior up around the 195km/h mark, just pissfarting around with these guys! Now, I'm not sure what revs I was pulling but I know from my ear tacho that she had plenty more to give. I could barely make out the speed let alone the revs, what with all the buffeting from the wind and the effort of holding on!

So, who in this forum has the top speed? Who has dared pushed theirs to the limiter in top gear?

*Yes mine is an '03, but it hasn't had the up-spec top gear.

*The top speed I hit yesterday was on my mates R6. That friggen thing should be illegal! I was doing 250+ when I hit a dip in the road and frightened the f*%$ing Begeezus out of myself. Whoever wants anything faster than a modern 600 is PSYCHOTIC!

·
Registered
470 Posts
Here ya go.

http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=38250&whichpage=1&SearchTerms=top%2Cspeed

·
Registered
363 Posts
I've hit an "indicated" 135mph on several occasions, even when it was stock, it took a while tho. I think most on the site have said it's actually more like 125-130mph. I'll be putting a 33 tooth Roadie front pully on this weekend. I have a buddy that has a GPS & FJR, I'll have him run with me & see what the outcome is. Blacksinister.

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
In stock form I hit 137 (indicated) on it. But now for the bad news.... my GPS said it was 124, and it doesn't lie. Centerline has hit the highest GPS recorded speed that I've seen. There are some guys on here that swear their bike's have hit 150, but for some reason they never post pics of the GPS. Go figure.

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
Ive hit 130 on several occasions. I'm sure my speedo is correct. Seems like shes got more, wish I had a 6th to go to.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
My buddy swears his bike was doing 150 with the Busa we were riding with. I was doing about 125-130 when the Busa blew by me with him close behind the Busa. /emoticons/emotion-1.gif All I know is that I was pushing it to hit the 130.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Your speedo is off by 10% to the generous side. Every single one is. To actually hit 135, you need to be indicated 149...and I'd be surprised if but only a handlefull of heavily modified Warriors are capable. Most won't go over 125.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I would say these guy's hold the top speed for a Warrior.. I mean a World Record means something now a days doesn't it? [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

http://www.patrick-racing.com/pages/cruiser-main.html

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
quote:Originally posted by DFW_Warrior

In stock form I hit 137 (indicated) on it. But now for the bad news.... my GPS said it was 124, and it doesn't lie. Centerline has hit the highest GPS recorded speed that I've seen. There are some guys on here that swear their bike's have hit 150, but for some reason they never post pics of the GPS. Go figure.

Far as I know, that is correct Bill. I am sure especially after some of those MONSTER Warriors at the WarriorFest this past April there are some number that are faster than mine was.
Stage IV 136mph verified GPS multiple times about 141-2 indicated.
Oh, yeah....level road (on a dam) no traffic, 600 ft elev. no wind.

BTW, my Warrior never hit the rev limiter in 5th, tho it could hit it easily in 4th. 'Course the SStar ECU bumps up the RPM limit somewhat. But, even with the probably 25% stronger Stage IV engine, my Warrior torque fell precipitously before reaching the limiter. Probably nearly all other Warrior engines do that too.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Hit 141mph(indicated) on a downhill with my slight mod. bike (air and exhaust). The Vette that was beside me says he showed 138. So more then likely plus or minus 4mph from his reading. That was also in the tucked position.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have been over 140 (indicated) of course, not sure how far over, it gets a bit windy at those speeds. Nevertheless i'm sure its off, but its a LOT of fun.

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
My speedo isnt off 10% and if it is then so are the sportbikes that verified it for me. Either way no pride lost , its not like I have $$ invested into the engine or drivetrain.[V]
But I look so cool people swear I must sh#t brown ice cubes! [8D]

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Every mototcyle on the road today has a generously inaccurate speedo, especially sportbikes. The industry norm is anywhere from 5-15% inaccuracy. Every GPS verified claim I've seen points to a 10% gain by the speedo. Unles you've modified your speedo and had it calibrated, it's off at least 5% and more than likely closer to 10%...sorry, but those are the facts. Every top motorcycle magazine backs these claims each month in their road tests.

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Damian

My speedo isnt off 10% and if it is then so are the sportbikes that verified it for me. Either way no pride lost , its not like I have $$ invested into the engine or drivetrain.[V]
But I look so cool people swear I must sh#t brown ice cubes! [8D]

Your speedo might not be off at all. Drive at a steady speed toward one of those roadside radar displays and find out for sure. Or ride beside at steady stae, another GPS vehicle.

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
well goo goo kachoo. Ya I can beleive w/ in 5% I have also verified by GPS. No I never calibrated the speedo and you dont have to say sorry. Your not hurting my feelings .
My bud got a '06 CBR1000 RR and did the sprockets . He got a speedo heeler and has gps . Well one day he was tuning it in and I had the same speed as him which matched the gps. But does it go out more at higher speeds?..and why do bikes have so much inaccuracy? You would think with all the tech there would be no problems.

·
Registered
305 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Damian

and why do bikes have so much inaccuracy? You would think with all the tech there would be no problems.

They probably add generosity to them so idiot teenagers who ride will think their bad asses are going faster than they actually are. Either that, or Yami engineers have a secret underworld that spies at forums and then laughs at our discussions while eating Sushi and drinking Saki.[/emoticons/emotion-4.gif] (Raffing out roud!)

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
Originally posted by Damian

well goo goo kachoo. Ya I can beleive w/ in 5% I have also verified by GPS. No I never calibrated the speedo and you dont have to say sorry. Your not hurting my feelings .
My bud got a '06 CBR1000 RR and did the sprockets . He got a speedo heeler and has gps . Well one day he was tuning it in and I had the same speed as him which matched the gps. But does it go out more at higher speeds?..and why do bikes have so much inaccuracy? You would think with all the tech there would be no problems.

I don't know why so many MC speedos are over optimistic. I read a road test every now and then where a tested MC actually has an accurate speedo. Since my first bike in 1968, I have never owned one single one that had an accurate speedo, always indicate more than I am really going.

·
Registered
84 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Centerline

Originally posted by Damian

I don't know why so many MC speedos are over optimistic. I read a road test every now and then where a tested MC actually has an accurate speedo. Since my first bike in 1968, I have never owned one single one that had an accurate speedo, always indicate more than I am really going.

I would think tire wear, and even different brand of tires could be spec'd different, i would think even a 1/4 inch difference could have a huge effect on speedos

1 - 20 of 23 Posts