RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who's currently running 10.5:1 pistons (not 10.25:1 Or 10.20:1)

What's anyone's current experience with OE or Wiseco 10.5:1 pistons? (Not the PR 10.25:1 or Speed Star 10.20:1 pistons)
There's a set I can get right now but before hand I'd like some current feed back.
I have read allot through the years about having to double up gaskets or run higher then 91 (R+M 2) to not get engine ping but then have read 91 is fine.
Would Ivans flash also help eliminate the ping from its advanced timing?

Anyone running these High compression pistons chime in.

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
Cannot help with Wiseco dome design.

I ran 11 – 1 using SS slugs they were .030 in the hole with stock jugs, the bottom of the jugs were machined in my lathe = the cylinders located deeper in
the cases for a zero deck. Push rod tubes were machined a like amount.

For no ping keep the revs up & ride it like a liter bike downshift to accelerate.
It would be easier to ride if the ECU was more sophisticated & employed a knock sensor but its a basic speed density open loop system.

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cannot help with Wiseco dome design.

I ran 11 – 1 using SS slugs they were .030 in the hole with stock jugs, the bottom of the jugs were machined in my lathe = the cylinders located deeper in
the cases for a zero deck. Push rod tubes were machined a like amount.

For no ping keep the revs up & ride it like a liter bike downshift to accelerate.
It would be easier to ride if the ECU was more sophisticated & employed a knock sensor but its a basic speed density open loop system.
Wow, that's some custom work you've done. How about your cams? Did they have a major affect on your range of lower Rpm pinging?

Im planning on getying ivans flash again and am running a Powrpro.
Im stuck between PR 10.25 and Wiseco 10.5 pistons and also Speed Star cams (i have in a box) and PR cams.

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
Ran SS cams never tried PR's. No comp on low rpm pinging due to cams it is compression related unless there is a ton of valve overlap. If there is a ton of overlap the cams are for high rpm use. If you experience pinging during throttle apply your in the wrong gear select a lower gear.

BTW: When the heads are off screw the spark plugs in & look at the 1/2 dozen spark plug threads that are 1/2 round & protrude past the plugs into the combustion chamber. The sharp edges of those threads will cause detonation. Remove those threads with a dremel & blend the combustion chamber.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts