RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks. I put this sort of topic in another area, and it was moved to another area and well..... nevermind.

Just curious to meet the folks in and around San Antonio. I am not currently the owner of a Road Star Warrior, but am going for one in a few weeks. /emoticons/emotion-1.gif I ride a Yamaha V-Star Classic 650, but am giving it to my wife. I had the chance to test drive a warrior the other day, and I could not get the helmet off my head cause my smile was too big. People have warned me about that, and they were right. Anyway. There use to be a good bar in town called the Iron Armadillo, but it closed down. I use to get some people together and meet at the Pig Stand which was down the road, thinking 'bout doing that again. My club does lots of riding, maybe y'all might wanna come hang out n stuff. /emoticons/emotion-1.gif I look foward to meeting y'all and swapin' ideas.
Till then......
Nemo

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
pig stand?? [?]didn't know they were still around.
i use to go to the one in pleasant grove on sunday nights after church growing up. do they still have the mini jukebox's at each of the table's? with warm coffe creamer in the metal pour jar?? ha.
wow, that takes me back a long ways.[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

·
Registered
934 Posts
Hey Nemo,

Just moved back to the area from Florida, I can do the weekends. I need to contact Art (rsw member) to get a ride together. I'm getting real close to needing a new rear tire.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Would that by chance be Art Hasty? If so, I know him.

As far as the Pig Stand goes, yep, they are still around. There are about 3 in San Antonio, and two outside of S.A. as well. Lots of people usually get together Saturday night and show off their cars. Motorcycles started going for a while, but it has been some time since I've been there. Warm coffee sounds real good right now.
We can definately put together a ride or something... ****, even just a meetin' powow would be cool. I play in a band here in San Antonio. As a matter of fact, we are playing on the 26th of March at a place called Just 1 More on Lasses. Thats right off of military dr and goliad. We start at 9:30p.m. till 1:30a.m. If you like classic and new rock, you may enjoy us. All are welcome. Biker friendly bar and there is no cover, but make sure to bring your I.D. They are very serious 'bout that. Talk to y'all soon.
Nemo

·
Registered
355 Posts
Wirenut, glad to hear your back.

Nemo good luck on the warrior; it's a great bike.

I did'nt make to the bike show here in SA this last weekend; it's usally perty weak; but it's an excuse; but I did help some "Dragonslayers" (firemen from Laredo) out when one of their "Red-neck" bike would not start. Nice bike though!

I'm sure someone will post the River City Bike Fest scheduled for next month for SA. If they don't I will towards the end of this month.

Take it easy and ride hard.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I didn't know there was a bike show in SA until yesterday, else I would have rode up from Corpus but I was on my way back from Alabama on my bike when I found out. So don't forget to post the river city bike fest schedule for us folks not from your area.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sure thing. I noticed that there was not lots of activity going on here in this part of the site. I'll be glad to pass on some info. /emoticons/emotion-1.gif

·
Registered
745 Posts
I'm from the area and ride to work in Austin...

God Bless,
Doc S

1 - 11 of 11 Posts