RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone is gonna ride their warriors until they get their recall letter or if they are gonna stop now until they get the work done because they know about it. I think i'm gonna ride until I get it. I road my roadstar 11k miles with no prob until I got my recall letter about 8 months ago (First round recalls). I only have 800 miles on my new warrior and I wanna ride it..not sit around waiting for a letter. Thought anyone?

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
Dragwar- if i was you i would be SICK. i mean you juust did ALL this work on your bike, and now it has to be torn town?! is the dealer going to do it for you, or whoever did the work on the bike going to?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Having my builders do it. One of their mechanics is Yamaha certified and can do all the work. I have just heard that the kits are all backordered. So why let it sit around and be lonely? It needs me!.."sob"

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
The question should be, Who is not going to ride? I'm still riding. rode today and plan on going for a ride this weekend with Yager. Buying one of his shirts also.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
I'm still going to mod, ride, and save. Save for motorwork upgrades, etc. If my motor is going to be torn apart, I might as well put in the biggest, and baddest mofo parts up in there. (Frankenstein's Dyno sheet = drool) I figure, I'll wait til I'm around 10k miles, and I'll let the dealers practice on the unsold Warriors.

Brian

·
Registered
705 Posts
Stop riding now is south florida would totally su$k. This is the best time to ride. In 4 to 5 months rainy season starts, thats our version of winter. So i'm going to keep on motoring. Unless yamaha wants to make my payments to the parts coming in. Yea right. By that time they will owe my!

·
Registered
22,677 Posts
I'm still riding. I am trying to ride a little less, but today makes 3 days this week. It's supposed to rain tomorrow, so maybe I'll opt for the truck......then again, maybe not.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Still riding and plan to keep doing so. If it wasn't for the speed of the internet, none of us would be aware of the recall and we'd all be riding perfectly happily.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I'll ride when the weather gets better...and this tranny recall will not stop me either. I agree that if the parts are backordered it'll give me an opportunity to save more $$$ and get more done when it's time.
viking, by the way that intake looks sweet...have you got pics with it installed?

·
Registered
360 Posts
IM riding my warrior, im closing in on 24,000 trouble free miles and my wife has been riding her roadie, 14,000 miles for the four months of the waiting for the job to be done, we pick her bike up this weekend, it was done in one week, and i let the dealer have it for another week to ride it a few miles a day to make sure everything is okay, he said they ride the bike for 50 miles to make sure everything is top notch, i dont have any problem with that since out of the three bikes we have, 01 roadie,02 warrior, 04 FJR1300, her bike is the only one that wont fit into the back of my 04 nissian frontier crew cab, (shot bed), so i need the bike to be broken in for the long ride home.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
will ride bike to dealer. Would like to ride now but, when is it gonna get out of single digits and the low 20's. I consider myself a diehard whe it comes to weather but this is even too cold for me!!!!!!Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
Tempted to move to Arizona or some place warm!

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'll keep riding until one of our brother/sister forum members gets on here and says thier tranny locked up...I've been in denial...but finally broke down and called the dealer today...I'm "10th in line" and was very nicely informed the "parts are on back order"....I didn't tell them that I already knew that.... At least it's still raining and snowing up here in the NW....not to many opportunities to ride yet...

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
I ride most every day here in sunny fl. (just got back fron Hotters bike nite only the hardcore showed) and i will contiunue to ride till Yamey mamy gets the kits out!

TRex[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

1 - 20 of 41 Posts