RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here it goes. i just got done doing churchkey's V-BAK on my 06 warrior.


Irealized that my 02 was done different(it was a diy when i got it) the atmospheric sensor connected to the gas tank vent, the grey plug was connected to the rear cylinder,and the lcv is connected to the rear cylinder via a filter?


It ran fine all summer and no check engine light. WHY?


when i hooked my 06 up wrong it ran like crap.....(yea #2 is the front)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,292 Posts
The grey & black electrical connectors for the intake sensors can be swapped & the bike will run properly. What it does is change the cylinder readout for the CO which is the fuel mixture. If the connectors are installed improperly &you brought up CO 1 & made a change it wouldchange the fuel to the front cylinder #2instead of the rear cylinder #1.


If the air pressure sensor was connected to the fuel vent hose it would still run properly as the hose is open to the atmosphere.


I don't understand where or how the LCV was connected.


This is the same as what we talked about yesterday.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes the same as we talked about...on lcv there is a hose that is connected to the rear cylinder head goes to a filter then to the lcv. as where your kit has the breather hose for the rear cylinder goes thru battery box and down. and a filter for the lcv.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
29,671 Posts
I hope I'm misunderstanding. It sounds like you are sayingthe LCV is trying to breathe through the crankcase breather hose and filter? Not such a good idea. I'm sure its just one of those cases where pics would help but don't bother because I know Woody has it covered.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
arizona warrior check out my last photo in the gallery you did not misunderstand me. please post the pic....churchkey,alanh,redhorse,arizonawarrior, anyone..why?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
370 Posts
So if you had the gray connector to the wrong cylinder and vice versa it would affect the fuel ratio? Just curious. Ever since I did mine I've been running severely rich. Even with the PC III i'm losing mass amounts of MPG.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,292 Posts
ak49warrior said:
yes the same as we talked about...on lcv there is a hose that is connected to the rear cylinder head goes to a filter then to the lcv. as where your kit has the breather hose for the rear cylinder goes thru battery box and down. and a filter for the lcv.

Looked at your pic, The crankcase breather was inoperative most of the time unless the bike was cold & the LCV was operational for fast idle & briefly on start up. The bike would still run. Don't know why the other bike did not run when you hooked it up that way. If anything was wrong you should have check engine light & a trouble code(s).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks Woody........... oooh so that is why i do not have a high idle on the 02. and it was kind of hard starting. alway had to give it a little throttle.no check engine that is why i never questioned it.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
29,671 Posts
If you connect the gray to the wrong cylinder then you confuse the air:fuelreadingsCO1and CO2.


If you pull your plugs and 'read' them I bet you find you are running way too rich.


imevh2 said:
So if you had the gray connector to the wrong cylinder and vice versa it would affect the fuel ratio? Just curious. Ever since I did mine I've been running severely rich. Even with the PC III i'm losing mass amounts of MPG.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
29,671 Posts
Sorry I missed this, its one of the more fun ones!


Since stock the LCV gets air from the airbox, and the crankcase'vents' into the airbox in general, someone figured, hey, just hook the vent hose right to the LCV - but better filter it. To avoid dirty filter syndrom, it would have been better to have a separate filter on the LCV not in route with the crankcase vent hose. But it does make sense why it ran anyway. It'll run better if you separate the LCV hose from the crankcase breather hose and run it as Woody's instructions show (on both your bikes!).


Churchkey said:
ak49warrior said:
yes the same as we talked about...on lcv there is a hose that is connected to the rear cylinder head goes to a filter then to the lcv. as where your kit has the breather hose for the rear cylinder goes thru battery box and down. and a filter for the lcv.
Looked at your pic, The crankcase breather was inoperative most of the time unless the bike was cold & the LCV was operational for fast idle & briefly on start up. The bike would still run. Don't know why the other bike did not run when you hooked it up that way. If anything was wrong you should have check engine light & a trouble code(s).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
arizona warrior you are welcome.......i will be fixing the problem. the 06 is done right per Woodys instructions. as i was doing the 06 i keep thinking to myself i need to check the 02 i don't remember it like this.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top