RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was curious, since as I was checking on posts I had posted to I noticed one burning up post (with the little hot-tpoic flame) that was two pages long was gone.

So that brings up a question...

Can the originator of a thread delete it at any time even with lots of posts to his thread, or is that only a moderator function?

If the latter is the case, on what grounds are thread deleted (as opposed to, say, edited for inappropriate content) ?

JT

...inquiring minds want to know...

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
You can modifi your original to just a period or one letter but not delete the thread. Moderaters move topics to more efficeint areas of the site for the good of the site.

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
You can only delete a thread if you are the author and no one has replied to it yet. If it has been replied to, only a moderator can delete it. Most topics are not deleted, though. They are moved to an area that you can't see. If a topic breaks our rules or spirals out of control or has any questionable issues we can pull it from the general forum and discuss it in our private moderator forum and decide what to do with it. Sometimes it get's put back with changes sometimes it just stays there, which for you would look like it was deleted. We decide on a case by case basis.

However, if you looking for the ear bud topic that was me. I put up a reply making a joke and then decided not to make that post any more off topic than it was and went to delete my post. My post was the first reply on page 3, which puts the delete button for my specific post right below the delete button for the whole topic. I hit the wrong one. Unfortunately there's no recycle bin or undelete function on the forum to fix mistakes like that. Sorry about that. In almost 5 years that's only the second time I've done that.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Steve, damnit man, there goes goes your pay raise... /emoticons/emotion-1.gif

I'm sure it doesn't get mentioned often enough, but really do appreacite the work you mods do on this board...one of the things that makes this such a good board.

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
If you are only going to miss something one time a year, it's far better to miss the delete button than it is to miss a hairpin turn. Holy cow, it has been nearly five years.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hehhehe

Well, that was very man of you to own up!

I'm perfectly satisfied, and quite honestly I probably won't miss it either as it did start to wander from the field /emoticons/emotion-4.gif

JT

·
Registered
10,143 Posts
Looks like we know who will be the beer-fetcher at the dragon now. [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
6,800 Posts
quote:Originally posted by sangathor

If a topic breaks our rules or spirals out of control or has any questionable issues...

Now that never happens![/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Shag

Looks like we know who will be the beer-fetcher at the dragon now. [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, beer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts