RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could you tell me how the warrior is from a riders point of view? how it feels, how it handles, how it stops, exc.... Thanks

·
Registered
388 Posts
Even un stock form it's very fast. Has handling similar to a sportbike (you can scrape the pegs easily without loss of control). Has an R1 front end and R1 brakes so it stops really well. I love mine. Lots of mods you can do as well.

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
You're gonna get a lot on this one. I like it all the way around. For a cruiser, the handling is second to none, it stops on a dime, and with 100ft/lbs of torque for a 600lb bike - it's a blast! I also like the position of the controls. The leg position takes a little getting used to, but it's very comfy once you do.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Even un stock form it's very fast. Has handling similar to a sportbike (you can scrape the pegs easily without loss of control). Has an R1 front end and R1 brakes so it stops really well. I love mine. Lots of mods you can do as well.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Well, I hate to burst anyone's bubble, the Warrior is the best handling cruiser I've ridden but it's handling does not even come close, not even close, to any sportbike I've ridden. Sportbike handling is a lot more than scraping pegs.

While the Warrior's inverted front end may LOOK like it came off an R1, open those inverted forks up and you'll see that the innards are no way no how on the same level as the components inside R1 forks (Warrior forks are adjustable only for preload to start; if you want a true R1 front end on the Warrior, it is a bolt on replacement with a set of R1 forks though).

Front brake is OK, rear brake is waaaay touchy and will lockup easy if you are not careful.

If you want a GREAT handling cruiser for not a lot of $$$$, the Warrior is the shiznit. But if you are *really* looking for sportbike handling in a motorcycle, buy a sportbike (or at least a comfy FZ-1), you'll be way happier in the long run.

·
Registered
22,677 Posts
The bike is a torque-monster. Just grab the throttle and get going, doesn't matter if you're only at 2000 rpms. Handling is top-notch in the cruiser world. Comparing it to a sport bike is not exactly a fair comparison, but the feel of the handling is more akin to the way a sport bike handles than your typical big-bore cruisers. You can dig pretty deeply into the corners and it feels confident. Brakes are also top-notch, in my opinion. The rear is pretty sensitive, but I like it that way. The stock seat sucks, but that's common to pretty much all bikes. The riding position is unusual, but once you get used to it, it works well. For a very short person, they would probably want some aftermarket bars because the stock ones are a little bit forward. Have a look through the gallery and you'll see an endless array of killer mods.

And the number one reason you should buy a warrior.........

http://rswarrior.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9351

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
quote:Originally posted by stiletto

Well, I hate to burst anyone's bubble, the Warrior is the best handling cruiser I've ridden but it's handling does not even come close, not even close, to any sportbike I've ridden. Sportbike handling is a lot more than scraping pegs.

100% true!!! If you want a long distance, nimble bike - look at the FJ's or BMW's. If you're looking for a full on sportbike, check out the R-1 or 'busa. If you're looking for a cruiser - the Warrior is by far the best all around cruiser in the market. It's not the most comfortable, or the sleekest looking, or the most powerful. What is it? The most FUN!!!

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
How it feels:
High quality, solid, up to date (i.e. it doesn't feel like a Harley tractor engined monster), creamy smooth power, bags of torque, relaxed, swift (but not fast), powerful, fun and it comes with its own heartbeat so you don't forget whats beneath you.

Handling: Reassuring, dependable, slow to turn but pretty accurate, more ground clearance than all other bikes in its class, shocks are good (but it would be nice if they were slightly higher quality) and it would seem to me that the only handling limitation is the ground clearance.

Stopping:
The brakes are great. I was gonna add braided hoses but have since found that it really doesn't need them.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
quote:Originally posted by ridingrules

Jimboman, I beg to differ with you on the "not the sleekest looking" comment.

Sorry, no offense intended. I love my baby as much as anyone here. But if I was going for a looker, the '04 R-1, 'busa or ZX-12 would get my money. Glad I was looking for a cruiser.

·
Registered
474 Posts
After years of reading and testing every bike out there, I sat on the WR and opened the Throttle. Ohhhhhhhhhh my GOD what a rush... I had multiple G ....Gasms.....(G force)....I never felt that way on any bike and look that good doing it.
Just look at what some Warrior riders have done to their's.
Man let me tell you if I could afford more. I would have one for each day of the week....LA NETA!!!

·
Registered
7,696 Posts
Of all of the bikes that I've ridden over the years, I feel my best on a Warrior. Not too sure how to describe it, but I bet that there are many of you who know what I mean. I feel in control, I feel pride, I feel power, I feel good (go James Brown [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]). Anyone describe this feeling with a single word?

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
all of the above...Ditto to what Stiletto said. its not NEAR a sportbike, but dman is it fun. i traded i my CBR954 for this bike and never for a SECOND have i regreted it. now, WHY you should buy one, well everyone above gave some pretty good reasons, BUT.. If you have OCMD (Obsesive Compulsive Modification Disorder)like i do, this bike is the perfect drug.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I wouldn't buy one. I love mine but it's setting in the corner until the transmission problem is settled. If you do decide to buy one I would at least set back and see how this recall thing washes out.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Do you know what "endorphine release" is?????.... get one 'bout every time I ride this machine....
I've ridden almost every other brand.....nothin' like it! (my .02)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts