RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would have searched this but ****, I feel like I am on dial up on this site. Is there that many people on here at once? I have a connection that is getting 5-7mbps... this site should load in seconds, not minutes.

What's up guys? [?]

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
quote:Originally posted by BrocLee

I would have searched this but ****, I feel like I am on dial up on this site. Are there that many people on here at once? I have a connection that is getting 5-7mbps... this site should load in seconds, not minutes.

What's up guys? [?]

OOOOOPS, hit quote instead of edit... sorry.

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
I get the same thing too sometimes. Every once in a while it will take upwards of 45 seconds to load one page. Then at other times it's lightning fast.

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
Search feature takes a while to come up, always has. Once the page comes up it searches pretty fast. The rest of the site,as a whole has been running trouble free for me for a long time.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
there must be a router messed up somewhere between me and this sites server... seems a bit better now.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
For the past week or so, it takes me anywhere from 10-20 seconds to load pages on this site...and this site alone. There's definately a problem/bottleneck somewhere.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Agreed...many times this site will just not load certain pages...but if I refresh it may work better...I have noticed a lot of slowdown on this site that is not a function of my local network (because there is no lag with other sites at the times I am having problems with this one).

Its not too bad...I just figured our membership was more active lately.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
quote:Originally posted by parabellum

Agreed...many times this site will just not load certain pages...but if I refresh it may work better...I have noticed a lot of slowdown on this site that is not a function of my local network (because there is no lag with other sites at the times I am having problems with this one).

Its not too bad...I just figured our membership was more active lately.

Exact same here.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Do a traceroute and see where it goes. I changed nameservers a while back and that should have helper, not slowed down. This site is running on a brand spanking new server so it isn't machine related.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Thinking about it... If everyone saw a slow down then it could be the database server. I don't have control of that machine so I don't know how hard it is being hit. I can't say I have any speed issues with the site though.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
It could definitely be a DB issue....part of what makes me think that is a good theory, is that its not a DNS or server looking issue...the header of the pages load...but the content that needs to be refreshed is what takes all the waiting time...

Anyway, its not too bad...but it is a pattern that I have seen appear more and more over the last 6 months. It might need to be addressed in the future, but for now its probably not worth messing with.

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
Here's what I keep getting every once in a while. And it's not on any specific page or at any certain time of day or anything. It just happens every once in a while. And it does happen from work, or from home.

Insert Image:

7.52KB

1 - 18 of 18 Posts