RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why use AIS block-off plates when you can just cap the elbows? it's the same result. It may look better but you can't see it anyway.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Why use AIS block-off plates when you can just cap the elbows? it's the same result. It may look better but you can't see it anyway.
Good question....Now shut up!

Just kiddin, my BAK came with the blocks so I used them.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Yea it took 15 minutes to take a grinder to some aluminum I had laying around and made plates. Works great and cant see anything with no left side cover.

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
Drop the 8lbs of junk that goes with it.

·
Vendor
3,448 Posts
Just use the plates, or make your own. It looks better...

Drop the 8lbs of junk that goes with it.
This is a good point!! I can't wait to weigh my bike this summer. I have taken off so much crap and brackets its unbelievable. I have like 2 boxes full of usless crap now, not to mention all the hardware and bolts that go with it...

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
You keep that stuff? I laugh like a crazy person and throw that junk in the trash. I guess I did have to buy another tail light and brake lever but whatever lol

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Murphy's law states that "If I throw away any of the required equipment for this bike they will start inspecting bikes in Cali". You see, I keep all this crap for the benefit of all LeftCoast riders. Somebody has to do it.

Oh, and back to the point. I have seen them capped. Works fine for a while. Then, moisture builds up and rusts out the tubes from the inside out. Then they'll leak brown cruck on your engine case and make a bad noise.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I do not want to thear jack but I do have a question on this topic and some have said to make your own plates. I would if I knew the size (thickness, space between bolt holes and size of holes) of them. I would like to make them up before tearing the bike apart as do not have alot of room to work were my bike is stored for the winter.

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
I do not want to thear jack but I do have a question on this topic and some have said to make your own plates. I would if I knew the size (thickness, space between bolt holes and size of holes) of them. I would like to make them up before tearing the bike apart as do not have alot of room to work were my bike is stored for the winter.
I have a spare set that we had made up ... Send me a PM with your mailing address and I'll send them down.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Oh, and back to the point. I have seen them capped. Works fine for a while. Then, moisture builds up and rusts out the tubes from the inside out. Then they'll leak brown cruck on your engine case and make a bad noise.
that should answer the question for you. either make some plates or spend the $20 for them. lol

·
Registered
412 Posts
What would cause the "Moisture" that Bladerunner mentions? Would that be relative humidity or what?

·
Registered
412 Posts
I can tell you what relative humidity is if you don't know ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts