RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2008 XV1700PC
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I don't understand people who reach out to someone asking if they are interested in a part/parts they are wanting to sell, and that person (me) saying 'very very interested', have a conversation, end it by saying 'just name your price' and the gentleman saying he isn't sure yet, he'll get back to you. Just to not hear back for days regarding a price and then seeing a post on here dated a couple days after you all talked saying that he's going to post the part for sale with pictures. What's the point? Lol. I'm willing to give you the quickest and easiest sale, at 'name your price', and you've just wasted my time? I understand if you want to post a part for sale if you did not get the number you were looking for. But we had a full blown conversation, ended it 'name your price', why the heck wouldn't you get back to me and give me your price? Lol. That's the easiest sale you could ask for.
Is this just me? Or does this happen to other people? I don't understand it lol

·
Premium Member
2,071 Posts
Happens all the time. SUPER frustrating. So.... A while back, a thread was started to talk about Great Members List (post good dealings here).

I don't think we have a Bad Members List, and for good reason, but it is frustrating when all you want to do is drag someone's name through the mud due to such a poor interaction. It's frustrating but I'm sure that:

1. He/she probably has his/her reasons.​
2. He/she will most likely get what's coming to him/her.​
I am particularly fond of the karma route. When you don't treat others with respect, expect to be disrespected. It sucks that we have to live in this world with such people but such is life. So we pick ourselves up and move on and when possible, let the world know how great other awesome people are. Don't be dragged down by terrible people. You'll be the better person for it.

Cheers!

·
Registered
2008 XV1700PC
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Happens all the time. SUPER frustrating. So.... A while back, a thread was started to talk about Great Members List (post good dealings here).

I don't think we have a Bad Members List, and for good reason, but it is frustrating when all you want to do is drag someone's name through the mud due to such a poor interaction. It's frustrating but I'm sure that:

1. He/she probably has his/her reasons.​
2. He/she will most likely get what's coming to him/her.​
I am particularly fond of the karma route. When you don't treat others with respect, expect to be disrespected. It sucks that we have to live in this world with such people but such is life. So we pick ourselves up and move on and when possible, let the world know how great other awesome people are. Don't be dragged down by terrible people. You'll be the better person for it.

Cheers!
Not wanting to drag anyone's name, as I am not that person. But I am getting tired if this. 3rd time it's happened for the same part. 3 different people. Like, don't even comment or reach out to me if you aren't serious about selling it to me. Period. I am willing to immediately purchase off you, I ask you to name your price, and then no follow through? That's on them, not me. You just missed out on easy money. But it's something I have obly experienced with THIS bike. On THESE forums and pages. (This and FB pages). I mean, I get it. Parts are hard to come by. Maybe they want a bidding war and recieve top dollar, maybe they second guessed their decision to sell the item/part, but at least keep me in the loop, as YOU were the one to reach out to me regarding you wanting me to purchase it. Cuz now I've just wasted time waiting

·
Registered
400 Posts
That is very frustrating.
I have had that done to me once here for a slip on and it was like the member interested in selling the part just seemed to fall off the face of the earth after telling him I’m interested and what he would take for it.

·
Premium Member
2,071 Posts
Yep. That sucks! Didn't know it had happened three different times with three different people. That really sucks!

That being said, I have seen a HUGE uptick in dubious members getting onto this forum. When I see them, I report them and the admins work their magic, but it doesn't stop the ones that don't make themselves visible so they can reach out directly without being suspicious.

Sorry to hear you're having such challenges. These specific parts are hard to come across so good luck. If I see some for sale, I'll send them your way.

·
Registered
2008 XV1700PC
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Unfortunately I feel for you broski. It is also a little difficult to weed out the newer guys as they all deserve a fair shake I guess. I am kinda like that as well as everyone with me starts out at 100% till you screw me or someone I care for over.....then BOOM you get one to the face.
I feel this. It's how I go in life

·
Registered
2008 XV1700PC
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep. That sucks! Didn't know it had happened three different times with three different people. That really sucks!

That being said, I have seen a HUGE uptick in dubious members getting onto this forum. When I see them, I report them and the admins work their magic, but it doesn't stop the ones that don't make themselves visible so they can reach out directly without being suspicious.

Sorry to hear you're having such challenges. These specific parts are hard to come across so good luck. If I see some for sale, I'll send them your way.
Appreciate you dude

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
30,569 Posts
@HolyCrapItsThisGuy thanks for responding to my Conversation-PM about this. I appreciate knowing all of these examples occurred on fb and not here, although you said you have recently sent a Conversation-PM to a member here that you are interested in buying something they offered in the free for-sale ads here, and have not heard back yet.

Hang in there. And if you start seeing activity here that could be spam scam phish style activity please use the REPORT menu item or icon right in the location and it will bring moderator and admin help right away.

Some folks want to trust by waiting, in which case write down the member's forum name, the date, what they said/offered, any email etc they provided for you to contact, and keep it handy so you can report later.

Remember that we never jump without checking. We investigate every report. Those that are found to be needing attention get it. Those that are okay get left alone and never know about it. Its all good.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
2008 XV1700PC
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
@HolyCrapItsThisGuy thanks for responding to my Conversation-PM about this. I appreciate knowing all of these examples occurred on fb and not here, although you said you have recently sent a Conversation-PM to a member here that you are interested in buying something they offered in the free for-sale ads here, and have not heard back yet.

Hang in there. And if you start seeing activity here that could be spam scam phish style activity please use the REPORT menu item or icon right in the location and it will bring moderator and admin help right away.

Some folks want to trust by waiting, in which case write down the member's forum name, the date, what they said/offered, any email etc they provided for you to contact, and keep it handy so you can report later.

Remember that we never jump without checking. We investigate every report. Those that are found to be needing attention get it. Those that are okay get left alone and never know about it. Its all good.

Thanks again.
To clarify, the one interaction you are reffering to here, it was not me reaching out after he made a comment regarding sale of said part. This gentleman reached out to me on FB -one week ago-, knowing I was looking for the part, had an entire conversation that same day he reached out, I offered him 'name your price', he said he needed time to get back to me. Then, I see a comment here -4 days ago-, on his own "thanks for adding me" post, dating a few days after we talked saying that he took off the parts and will be posting it for sale here.
My point is, why waste my time? I offer you a "name your price" on fb, when they reached out to me a little over one week ago. And a couple days ago I notice he commented on this forum, on his 'thanks for add post', -made days after we talked- saying that he took the part off and he will post them for sale, all while not getting back to me. That is the frustrating aspect. And like I said, maybe he only wants to post it so that he can see what prices are offered. and then maybe he gets back to me with the highest number offered. But that's unrealistic as it adds more work for the gentleman selling. That he contacts me knowing I want them, I offer "name your price" and then a week without word back and I see a "Will post for sale here" on this forum. That's all I'm saying for this interaction.

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
Not wanting to drag anyone's name, as I am not that person. But I am getting tired if this. 3rd time it's happened for the same part. 3 different people. Like, don't even comment or reach out to me if you aren't serious about selling it to me. Period. I am willing to immediately purchase off you, I ask you to name your price, and then no follow through? That's on them, not me. You just missed out on easy money. But it's something I have obly experienced with THIS bike. On THESE forums and pages. (This and FB pages). I mean, I get it. Parts are hard to come by. Maybe they want a bidding war and recieve top dollar, maybe they second guessed their decision to sell the item/part, but at least keep me in the loop, as YOU were the one to reach out to me regarding you wanting me to purchase it. Cuz now I've just wasted time waiting
whats the part you are looking for?

·
Registered
35 Posts

CRANK YANKERS !!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts