RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this has not been the first time this has happened to me!

after writing a lengthy reply to someones post, and then hitting "post topic" if it gets an error or something, every thing that i wrote is GONE! or if i go to reference something on a different page and come back, it has vanished.

is there something that can be done about this to where it will still be there. i don't seem to have thins problem on any other forum.

what a bummer it is when you write a big ol reply and then don't even get to post it, start all over!!!

i think that this is my first complaint, i was wondering if anyone else has experienced this??

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Hey Redbullssg- I have had this happen to me a few times also. I would retype and it would work the second time. I haven't had it happen in awhile.

Harley Jones

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Copy your reply to the clipboard before hitting "post", if the post craps out, just go back and paste your reply back in and post again. A minor inconvenience for what may get lost. It's happened to me too.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea, i have done that method(especially around the bad server time), but sometimes i have a brain fart and forget to do that! i really don't think that we should have to do that!!

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
In a perfect world, we wouldn't ever need to do that. Now, for reality in the real world, that's a different story.

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
Yeah, everytime I look up and realize I am typing a novel I just quickly hit "ctrl A" (shortcut for select all) and then "ctrl C" (shortcut for copy) then if [email protected]#$ happens I can just click in the reply window and hit "ctrl V" (shortcut for paste) and it's back.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
now, those i didn't know!

hey what do you know, it works!!!

hey what do you know, it works!!!

yep it does!!! LOL

·
Registered
245 Posts
quote:Originally posted by sangathor

If there's a shortcut on the keyboard or in life, I probably know it.[/emoticons/emotion-4.gif]

Ok..what is a shortcut key combo for creating a new folder in Windows?

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
quote:Originally posted by sangathor

If there's a shortcut on the keyboard or in life, I probably know it.[/emoticons/emotion-4.gif]

yea, i am lazy too!!! LOL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts