RS Warrior Forum banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
There are some china bearings for avia modelizm wich can be instaled without drilling and widening holes. But its resourse I've checked just 10.000km.... Its very cheap and make lever softer up to 30%

·
Premium Member
8,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
^^^ :Thumbsup: Nice find IF the Bearings stack up properly for the clutch perch opening and you don't mind a bit of looseness.

The properly executed MOD designed by this writer is more robust and has Zero Play in the Clutch Lever ;) as shown below. Same as Warrior Frt & Rear Wheel Bearing Assemblies. Outer Race tight fit in Lever (Housing) so that the Bearing Inner Race is doing the work.

• IMHO the stacked 4-Bearings is a simple & clever improvement over OEM & mine but not equal to the original design ;)
This requires the use of Shims & Spacer so that when the assembly is properly torqued the thrust is on the Inner Race of the Ball Bearings, Spacer and Clutch Perch Housing ONLY. :)

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
I love this mod. I just finished up 3 sets.(2 are mine)
Gonna I stall one on my bike again and save the other as a spare.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #46 (Edited)
freeezzzz Is installing in OEM clutch lever, based on his photos with smaller O.D. bearing.

The OEM levers are machined much more accurately than Kuryakyn and are also a much denser die casting than the aftermarket which has inclusions and porosity and one of the reasons I re-drilled the hole for a larger bearing. :( :mad:

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
freeezzzz Is installing in OEM clutch lever, based on his photos with smaller O.D. bearing.

The OEM levers are machined much more accurately than Kuryakyn and are also a much denser die casting than the aftermarket which has inclusions and porosity and one of the reasons I re-drilled the hole for a larger bearing. :( :mad:
Ahh ok. I did notice his were OEM. I'm gonna give it a shot on some OEM levers and see how it comes out.

·
Premium Member
3,241 Posts
Well you got me all hopped up so I went out and did it to a stock clutch lever. Came out great with a nice sharp drill bit and the bearings press in just perfectly

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
Well you got me all hopped up so I went out and did it to a stock clutch lever. Came out great with a nice sharp drill bit and the bearings press in just perfectly
Well ****, that's cool n looks good. Is that a spare for later or you pulled it off your bike n modded it?

·
Premium Member
3,241 Posts
That is just a spare set of levers I had laying around. So I will be swapping that in the bike this weekend and maybe end up doing the other set as a back up.

You got me inspired and never knew why I hadn't done it before.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm kind of doing the barnett coil spring clutch plate right now. Is anyone selling these modded levers? Or doing the mods on levers if we ship? .... precise machining is not in my wheelhouse.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
That is just a spare set of levers I had laying around. So I will be swapping that in the bike this weekend and maybe end up doing the other set as a back up.

You got me inspired and never knew why I hadn't done it before.
Cool, always good to have spares. Even better to have spares with the mod haha.

I did it years ago on Kuryakyn levers then broke my brake lever and just went back to the stock. I had other Kuryakyn levers but never got around to doing the mod again as I forgot. Then recently I was asked commented on a post about them and then got a message along if I can do them and if I will if he got levers. Well remembering that I had a couple sets put away so I said yeah cause I'll do mine also. Haha. For him asking me got me going again lol.

·
Registered
146 Posts
There are some china bearings for avia modelizm wich can be instaled without drilling and widening holes. But its resourse I've checked just 10.000km.... Its very cheap and make lever softer up to 30%

Would you have a link for the place you purchased these bearings?

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
So, I did a comparison of Clutch lever play with 3 different bushing/bearings.

Stock brass bushing.
5 stacked MR106- 2RS slip in bearings.
4 stacked MR126-2RS pressed in bearings. (The 4 stacked bearings isn't the better good ol 201 Ball bearing mod Alan designed though it would fix the lever play aswell)

The cable wasn't attached as I wanted to show the play in the whole motion of the lever. I would show the resistance differences but that couldn't be done by video as you can only tell the differences by feel.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, In preparation for this mod, I went ahead and bough the bearings off Ebay, but the 10 pack was a really good deal, So i have 4 extras. I'd like to repay some of the generosity that i have received from this site, So if anybody wants to do this mod, let me know and i can send out the bearings.

Only reservation is if one of the guys who sent me something free wants them, they get Dibs. otherwise i guess the first person who wants them gets them.

Thanks,
Brian
I'd like to have the bearings if still available. Send to 6408 98th St E, Bradenton Fl 34202. We can connect and I'll cover the shipping. I just bought a 2005 and have begun making it my own. Looking forward to playing with it. I've learned this is what I like to do as a hobbie, although a somewhat costly one.

Thanks
Scott Cline

41 - 56 of 56 Posts