RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, just a quick question. I have an 05 Midnight Warrior. It came stock with a 200 width tire. I am just wondering what is the widest tire you can put on without having to modify the swingarm and suspension. I am going to ride the tire out for its lifespan, so I have time to consider the options. Thanks in advance folks.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
210,some have done some home mods for 240, NOT SAFE OR RECOMMENDED

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
actually the widest I have seen without proof of mods is Lilswole's Bike.

http://www.rswarrior.com/Gallery/Lilswole.aspx

If you do a search on rim size and lil swole you will bring up a post where tmade I think said that the wheel is stock and so is the swingarm. The tire he has on his bike is a 235/40r17 car tire. Bourget did this on one of his choppers back in 1993 when there weren't all these huge tires out on the market. I am considering trying it out just to see the difference. Used tire shop around the way sells some hot tires with cool looking tread for 20$ a piece... well see. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
This has been covered many times. Remember to try searching. The safest and largest you can and should put on with the stock swing arm is a 210. As far as I know only one manufacturer makes it in that size and it is Metzler. I have it also and the tire looks good on the bike IMO.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts