RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellas,
Have any of you ran a 200/55/17 rear tire on stock rims? I just noticed 1" belt showing on centerline, there's no 200/50/17 tires in Alaska right now and I want to ride this weekend. House of Harley says the 200/55/17 should work. Anyone with some warrior insight?

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
no problem, as long as its not a car tire, it should work. i have seen several peeople put car tires on the rear. not me thats for sure

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
About that car tire thing. Allot of people say not to do it, yet have never heard of anyone having a problem that tried it.

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
The middle number is represents the height of the side wall in relation to the tires width. So that means that a 200/55/17 is 200 mm wide, with a side wall height of 55% of 200 or 110mm. This is 10mm higher than the stock tire, or about 3/8 inch, but will still fit your stock rim. This should fit under your fender. But keep in mind your tire's now almost a half inch closer to the bottom side of your fender and those pesky rear seat bracket bolts. You may be more prone to bottoming out with that tire.

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
Who makes a 55 profile tire??? I'd be interested, except that I already have a 200/50 spare in the garage. But it would be nice to know.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
quote:Originally posted by The_Bear

Who makes a 55 profile tire??? I'd be interested, except that I already have a 200/50 spare in the garage. But it would be nice to know.

Bear- Its a Dunlop. Was told this is standard on some of the new HD softtails. Had to buy my tire at the Harley shop as no one else had anything for me on short notice.

The tire makes the ass end sit a bit higher. Still looks good and no worries so far about bottoming out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts