RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.
Went to throw some new fork seals at my Warrior and thought I could get away with not needing any special tools but looks like I was incorrect.

Guess I need a spring compressor tool to get it done. Found this universal one on Ebay. The listing says it wont work on a Warrior but it sure looks like it will.
Anybody know if I can make it work?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-Motorcycle-Fork-Spring-Compressor-Tool-Kit-By-Traxxion-Dynamics/273446426869?fits=Make:Yamaha&hash=item3faaad58f5:g:WqwAAOSwm8VU0-Nx

Or is there a simple way to do it with out one?
Did do a search but did not find anything on that particular part of replacing the seals.
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
8,392 Posts
This isn't what you asked but a suggestion:

You can come from the bottom of the fork leg and avoid using this tool.
There is a write-up by Pep for R&R'ing the seal and a write by AlanH on replacing the fluid!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didnt find that one earlier, it was a good read.

So reading through that, it sounds like yo do not need anything special at all but then reading though everyone else comments, it sounds like some people had to order tools anyway.

I did try to take the bottom allen bolt out and it will break loose but the internals just spin. (And that is using an impact.)

Just to be clear, are you guys just busting loose the bottom allen bolt, taking it out, then unscrewing the top cap and just pulling the entire top tube out with the spring and all the guts?

·
Premium Member
8,392 Posts
I didnt find that one earlier, it was a good read.

So reading through that, it sounds like yo do not need anything special at all but then reading though everyone else comments, it sounds like some people had to order tools anyway.

I did try to take the bottom allen bolt out and it will break loose but the internals just spin. (And that is using an impact.)

• Did you bottom out the shock Spring Pre-Load before putting the impact to the soc hd cap screw in the fork leg? If not do it 1st then the impact.
Just to be clear, are you guys just busting loose the bottom allen bolt, taking it out, then unscrewing the top cap and just pulling the entire top tube out with the spring and all the guts?

• Yes - Read Pep's contribution... I thought it clearly states that but yes. You're then pulling the assy and not taking the cartridge apart

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

• Yes - Read Pep's contribution... I thought it clearly states that but yes. You're then pulling the assy and not taking the cartridge apart
Thanks for clearing that up. It worked like a champ and seals are in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts