RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Yamaha Road Star Warrior XV17PC
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Need some windshield recommendations. Last year I bought a National Cycles Street Shield but after several 110-130mph runs it's cracking from the upper mount holes. It just flexes too much. :)

I figure I need something with straps like the Memphis Shades Slims, at least 17" tall and no, I don't want the MS Bullet Fairing. Head/Crosswinds out here routinely get up to 20-30mph. Trouble is, their mounting kits are model specific. They do have kits for RS 1700/1600s. Anyone know if they'll work?

Any suggestions?

Font Composite material Bicycle part Metal Fashion accessory
Table Furniture Rectangle Tire Rolling

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
31,482 Posts
At speed the mount and the alignment / centering come into play too. The Yamaha accessory Boulevard windscreen (short) gives me a spot to lay on the tank if things go nuts. But that is not what you are after.

There is a windshield that is tall and mounts to the YAMAHA Boulevard bracket setup which mounts to the tachometer housing. It's very stable. This combination-setup induces some buffeting for taller riders. But otherwise it reportedly is better than anything else tall.

Others hopefully will chime-in too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey Guys,

Need some windshield recommendations. Last year I bought a National Cycles Street Shield but after several 110-130mph runs it's cracking from the upper mount holes. It just flexes too much. :)

I figure I need something with straps like the Memphis Shades Slims, at least 17" tall and no, I don't want the MS Bullet Fairing. Head/Crosswinds out here routinely get up to 20-30mph. Trouble is, their mounting kits are model specific. They do have kits for RS 1700/1600s. Anyone know if they'll work?

Any suggestions?

View attachment 256374 View attachment 256373
Check out the Memphis Shades Del Rio. At least I think that's the name? It's good size. Has different gradient colors and smoke. Just changed mine out for the Bullet, windscreen needed to be replaced. I really liked it. Looked good for bigger screen. Definitely hepled with wind! If you like it I have the hardware still and id be willing to let it go?.

·
Premium Member
5,906 Posts
boulevard is my go to for 90 to 100 moh cruising in europe

just changed my lexan polycarbonate shield over after many many years ... bought the replacement a decade back 2nd hand

im 6ft long bodied and it takes the wind over my helmet allowing hes of riding without neck ache

Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
boulevard is my go to for 90 to 100 moh cruising in europe

just changed my lexan polycarbonate shield over after many many years ... bought the replacement a decade back 2nd hand

im 6ft long bodied and it takes the wind over my helmet allowing hes of riding without neck ache

View attachment 256388
Hey Tomba,

Thanks. That's a good looking windshield.

So, that's a Yamaha OEM Boulevard? Are they still available?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Check out the Memphis Shades Del Rio. At least I think that's the name? It's good size. Has different gradient colors and smoke. Just changed mine out for the Bullet, windscreen needed to be replaced. I really liked it. Looked good for bigger screen. Definitely hepled with wind! If you like it I have the hardware still and id be willing to let it go?.
Thanks. When you bought it, MS had brackets for the Warrior? Coz I've looked all over MS stuff and the only brackets available now specifically for a Warrior are those for the Bullet and lower shields.

How much would you take for them?

·
Premium Member
5,906 Posts
Hey Tomba,

Thanks. That's a good looking windshield.

So, that's a Yamaha OEM Boulevard? Are they still available?
like most yami custom stuff made for the warrior is now only available second hand

but guys will be parting with them

ask on the forum if any for sale

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
31,482 Posts
Hey Doc, they're still being found in stray Yamaha dealers and some web sellers. And around here used of course. The part# sometimes helps, even used.

When buying used, it's good for folks to know the fasteners differ. The Boulevard comes new with two replacement longer Tach Screws: 2 ea M6x25/1.00 SS Button head. It re-uses 2 of the oem M6x20/1.00 SSBH. As you know, most everyone saves the special oem big-diameter-head fasteners because they are not always available. Very special.

I still have a few longer ones left over from the 100 that I bought to share many years ago. I look to have mailed probably 90 over the years freebie. But now it costs more to mail them than just buy them at a bolt store. Crazy.

Tell me your EU plans to cross the channel, seems like it's of challenges this year. 🤔

·
Premium Member
5,906 Posts
hey prof .. thats all perfect info as usual .. stuff i forget to say ... the boulevard i thought was a little strange to look at but i soon realised there isn't another so neat answer for the warrior .. im not find of the snout look one .. it looks to racing for me ... i still have one of those somewhere but not the fixings

the boulevard for me at long bodied 6ft sitting on the taller corbin is still the way to cruise at high speed comfortably hence me renewing my screen sunday last

its low enough not to break the fixings or screen ... yami got the angle bang on ... and lexan polycarbonate screen is the expensive stuff ... a brick will bounce off it instead of me

europe oh yes ... that f'king P&O ferry owners are nasty people ... that route dover to calais needs nationalising its so important but aling come Quatar folk and cause 23 mile queues suddenly ...

i have tickets to cross with them in july £84 return! bought before the mess ... 800 staff sacked with 5 mins notice ... all able 'cause the company and licencing is based in foreign (smug bastards)

anyway im now doubled up just in case with euro tunnell ... belt and braces ... riding over early to spend time with gijs (hess) and robert before the meeting

its been over 2 years 2 meetings missed ! gotta go just so gotta see my friends again ... all good people now with kids in tow ... and that makes the meetings even better

the way things are right now ... gotta live every day we have freedom and peace in our neck of the woods as a real privilege ... to have seen and been in kyiv with monty back in 2017 and admired how gentle and kind a country it is ... then to see it now ... breaks my heart daily ... and i have to acknowledge my luck daily

i put riding my bike as the best way to enjoy my freedom these days

·
Premium Member
5,906 Posts
You're a good man and you're going to have a great time once on the continent. Everyone will be happy you are there, a good time.

I agree with your brief about the Warrior Boulevard.
doh ... cheers to you and the warrior family

im getting back into the old man info ways prof

·
Premium Member
5,906 Posts
ive seen here in uk on ebay £140 boulevard looking screens made in poland ... one showing dark black screen

it describes the screen as 4mm plexiglass ... looks good but it isnt as strong as lexan which is a completely stronger material

yami only made a clear lexan boulevard screen

just so everyone knows really

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks. When you bought it, MS had brackets for the Warrior? Coz I've looked all over MS stuff and the only brackets available now specifically for a Warrior are those for the Bullet and lower shields.

How much would you take for them?
SORRY BROTHER! JUST NOTICED YOUR RESPONSE. AND YES THE BRACKETS I HAVE ARE MEANT FOR OUR BIKES. ALL METAL AS WELL. LOST A SCREW ONCE AND MEMPHIS EVEN SENT ME NEW ONES NO CHARGE! AS FOR PRICE REALLY NOT SURE WHAT THEY'RE EVEN WORTH? JUST SPENT ALMOST $400 ON THE BULLET HARDWEAR AND FAIRING THOUGH. SO IDK HOW ABOUT $100? I KNOW IT WAS MORE NEW BUT WOULD MAKE ME HAPPY TO HELP YOU OUT AND JUST OFFSET THE COST OF NEW SET UP JUST A LITTLE. JUST LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK? CHEERS!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
SORRY BROTHER! JUST NOTICED YOUR RESPONSE. AND YES THE BRACKETS I HAVE ARE MEANT FOR OUR BIKES. ALL METAL AS WELL. LOST A SCREW ONCE AND MEMPHIS EVEN SENT ME NEW ONES NO CHARGE! AS FOR PRICE REALLY NOT SURE WHAT THEY'RE EVEN WORTH? JUST SPENT ALMOST $400 ON THE BULLET HARDWEAR AND FAIRING THOUGH. SO IDK HOW ABOUT $100? I KNOW IT WAS MORE NEW BUT WOULD MAKE ME HAPPY TO HELP YOU OUT AND JUST OFFSET THE COST OF NEW SET UP JUST A LITTLE. JUST LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK? CHEERS!
Hey Friend,

Sounds fair but I haven't decided what I'm doing yet. The Del Rio is cool but it seems their larger strapped models will work and the Warrior specific brackets are still available. If so, I'll probably go that way after I call MS to confirm.

If you get another offer go for it, otherwise I'll get back to you this week.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey Friend,

Sounds fair but I haven't decided what I'm doing yet. The Del Rio is cool but it seems their larger strapped models will work and the Warrior specific brackets are still available. If so, I'll probably go that way after I call MS to confirm.

If you get another offer go for it, otherwise I'll get back to you this week.

Thanks again.
Great! No worries. I didn't list it. So If you don't find them let me know. And give me an offer. I just threw a number out there.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts