RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, now i know that most people feel that these bikes look better without windshields, however, i have a few thousand mile trip coming up and I need to get one. What does everyone think of the boulevard yamaha shield? Does it actually block much wind, or should I go with like a memphis shades? thanks to all who respond.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
I just rode over 1300 miles with a Boulevard windsheild. I Liked it. The day before I left, the Clearview GT20 arrived. I mounted it, rode a bit and found a strange vortex around my head so I decided to put the Boulevard back on. I didn't want to ride that far when I wasn't sure it was going to work, so I will remount the Clearview when I can better test it.
With the Boulevard I use a full face helmet and wouldn't do it any other way. I had to wash the bugs of the visor st every stop. It certainly helped eliminate the wind at your chest.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I use a Slipstreamer handlebar mounted model with an open face helmet and do an 1100 mile trip every year with no problems.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I use the Memphis Shades Hellcat. It takes a lot of the pressure off the upper body and lower head. It depends how tall you are. I'm 6" and there is a little air stream at about eye level when in fully upright riding position.

·
Registered
803 Posts
I've been reading the windshield posts for over a year now and It looks like a whole bunch of trial and error. What works for you may not work for me. I would make sure your happy with the seat, bar and your helmet before you start looking for the right windshield. Try buying used if possible. If that one doesn't work for you their is always a market for windshields. Learn from my mistake.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
I'm 6' tall and the Boulevard screen works for me. I regularly do fairly big trips and it makes all the difference without screwing up the looks of the bike. As someone else has said what works for one does not always work for another. See if you can borrow one to try before buying one.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I got the Memphis sport shields Alley Cat. They do a good job taking the air out of your chest, but they are not high enough for keeping air of your face. I thimk the extra 2 inches taller that the big shot are would help. I do like the shape of the Alley Cat and it looks good on the Warrior. Also they come off really easy and go on in no time.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
I have the Boulevard screen and all it did for me was buffet my helmet a lot. The Memphis Shades Big Shot I use now obviously has much more coverage but still buffets to some degree. The mounting brackets are mega-cheesey but work. Recently, I run without any windshield at all and really enjoy the lack of buffeting and much less noise. My Chase Harper tank bag by itself provides better wind protection than the Boulevard and there's no buffeting. On a long trip I will put the Big Shot on, turn up the iPod a little and enjoy the extra rain protection it will provide. That's the only time I shall use a shield now.
Your experience may vary:}:} Enjoy........

·
Registered
160 Posts
I was in the same boat with regards to windshields. Didn't necessarily like the look, but might appreciate the break. I picked up a used windvest and I doubt I'll ever take it off. I'm 6' 3" and really thought the windvest (14"x16") wasn't going to work. I was wrong. I'm loving it and honestly feel I could ride for twice as long as prior to installing it. I agree with "TheZsdad", I think there is a lot of trial and error. The boulevard might work for you. I was moments from buying one when the offer came up on the windvest. Boulevard still has my vote for overall good appearance on the warrior.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts