RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The snow officially started to fly here in Minnesota today. The little bit that did fall melted already, but there is more on the way. Bike season is over. It's cold.

I'm planning on doing some winter mods. Not only because of the warrior. But it will also give me a project to do during the time of the year where there is nothing else exciting to do. My project consists of the following.

-Samson Street Sweepers

-AIS Block Off Kit

-Yamaha Fender Eliminator Kit with a Radiantz LED license frame

-Rear Brake Fluid Reservior Relocation Kit

I know this is nothing huge, but all of this is going to cost me about $640. Money is sort of tight, so I've been working overtime to afford all of this. I don't plan on doing to all at once. Probably just a piece or two at a time. But it will all be done by April when the bike will emerge from the garage.

I'm just wondering if I'm forgetting anything with the aftermarket exhaust. I know about the AIS block off kit, and considering all I'm doing is the exhaust right now, I'm just going to bump the ECU. I will consider a power commander if I get a VBAK in the future. Is there anything else I need?

·
Administrator
29,660 Posts
I think its cool your mods list is starting smart, it will be a whole new bike by April! Search and read-up on the ecu bump versus PCIIIUSB. Alone, the Sampsons will take away some power and you'll feel the loss, but they sound great and its almost worth it. The PCIIIUSB will help you put as much back into it as possible. If you can find a way to get a VBAK and PCIIIUSB to go with your pipes, you will be astounded at the power improvement.

BTW first mods are always huge, go for it and post pics!

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Add the Big City Monster Baffles to your pipes. You won't regret it. Ride for a while without them after installing if you want so you can be obnoxiuos for a while, but they really bring back all the lost torque.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I plan on buying a power commander when I get a VBAK but that will be a future project. I figured withjust an exhaust change the PCIII isn't warrented yet. I am prepared to install baffles in the street sweepers if I have to. But I'm going to try them without baffles first. I'm not really worried about the loss in horsepower and torque. After all, I'm not building a race bike. Don't get me wrong. I like power, but I'm not the kind of person that races. So having a loss in horsepower and an improvment in looks and sound is a good deal to me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts