RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay; so, bought a new side mount liscense plate, and have been working on installing some led liscense plate bolts, kept checking the lighting and what not as i was going along and thought i had it all right. I spliced the light bolt wires into the clip (under the seat) that comes from the original light that sits above the stock liscense plate (the blue and black wires). And now my rear blinkers arent working, the blinker light is flashing quickly. The taillight has power to it, the light bolt has power to it, but the blinkers arent working. I dont have any pictures to show you what i did so i realize it may be difficult but if anybody has any ideas as to what i have done wrong please help me.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Hey Arc. I feel your pain brotha. Here's the deal, I had the same problem with my plate lights. You need a load equalizer (LEQ) in the line. I actually wired 2 of them in to be sure I'd be OK down the line if I choose to add more LED's later. It wires directly into the blue (Running Light) and the black (Ground) to equalize the load and "trick" the electrical system into thinking bulbs are providing the needed resistance. That should solve youe flash rate problem as well. Hope this helps. George

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ooooh, okay, so the cause of the problem is just not the right ohms? Makes since. So if i get this equilizer it will make the signals light up again, and not flash so quickly?

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im not sure if my first post was clear about it but the rear blinkers arent flashing at all. they have no light, its the indicator on the speedo thats going quickly.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
small update, i disconnected the led plate light and tried it again, checked all the fuses and theyre good. The rear blinkers are getting light but very dim which leads me to think that maybe ive got a poor connection.. Either coming from where i spliced the led in to the clip under the seat.. or from the ground that splits off into 4 butt connectors in the taillight.. Looking for some extra input before i go and spend any more money that i dont have to. anyone.?

·
Registered
8,321 Posts
Sounds likeyou lost theground. Stick a pin in the black wire & ground it with a jumper wire or directly to the frame. IF the turn signals etc work just add a piece of ground wire to the original black wire & attach it to the frame somewhere.

Sounds like you installed the tag lights properly, you just lost the ground.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I figured it might be the ground.. Now when you say stick a pin in the black wire.. what sort of pin and where in the black wire should i stick it..? should i just splice a wire into it and wrap it around a bolt that goes into the frame or rear fender?

·
Premium Member
8,929 Posts
Churchkey said:
Sounds likeyou lost theground. Stick a pin in the black wire & ground it with a jumper wire or directly to the frame. IF the turn signals etc work just add a piece of ground wire to the original black wire & attach it to the frame somewhere.

Sounds like you installed the tag lights properly, you just lost the ground.
As stated you have a poor Ground (GRND)connection to the turn signals.

My .02 and approach for this fix would be to check the branched connections under the fender to the signal lights (the wiresare taped & mechanically crimped).

There is only 1-GRND wire running to the rear and the fact that your taillight/brake light is operating indicates that it's not under the seat where it originates
... if those lights aren't working then check the 5-prong plug under the seat.

Good Luck

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got it all fixed up now, will be taking pictures of the new plate, DIY fender eliminator kit, and my bootleg shifter/brake pegs that consist of some stunt pegs i pulled off my old mongoose bicycle. coming along pretty sweetly for only having the bike a few months. Just wanted to say that I really apreciate anyone on this site who has ever given me advice, or even just responded to any of my posts. I think all of you are a **** good group of people, and im proud to say im a part of the forum.. even if alot of the old guys are leaving. Lets keep it alive.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts