RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a small remote that has a 3v battery. I want to hard wire it so I don't have to ever change the battery. I know the system on the bike is 12v. Is there a way to wire it without burning the remote up? Some kind of voltage regulator thats small enough? Thanks. Looking for ideas.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
K, read'em both. Off the cuff mention of a regulator. I'll just ask the guy at Radio Shack.

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Hey Ruckus... I put a switch for my 3 volt one on the plastic face of the left side cover(where seat key is) so the switch sits right behind the rear cylinder. Then the actual unit tucks in under the seat so it is super easy to replace the battery . Just an option maybe...

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Bruce. I may disconnect my horn and use that switch and just mount the remote in the cowling. I can't hear my horn over my pipes anyway!!! Hmmmm, sounds like a plan if I can't do the high beam mod!!! George

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
I chose not to use the high beam switch because I run with my high beams on most of the time and would drain the battery. And not the horn for noise with neighbour reasons ...also not very cool !

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Agreed, but.....if I disconnect and relocate the horn to the trash barrel, no noise....lol. So far, instead of using the horn, a quick clutch and goose the throttle makes sufficient noise with the Jug Huggers to get the attention I need! lol. My problem is wiring it to the bikes 12v system. Going to Radio Shack today and try and figure it out. Thanks for your time and input Bruce, that was nice of you! George

·
Registered
6 Posts
i just used a harley opener, easy to install, uses the light shitch for opening and controling, for $130 and no messing around i figured it was worth it

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
i would definitely NOT recommend trashing the horns especially living here in florida with all the cotton tops on the road if anything a would consider replacing these tired a$$ stock horns for something louder and dont ever think your bike is loud enough for other drivers to hear you in lieu of loud horns cause i've blown that myth out of the water plenty of times, i think the other drivers get use to hearing the roar of the pipes and forget that it's actually a bike next to them but hit the button on some loud electric horns and that usually gets their attention, i'm not trying to act like your mother ruckus but i sure would hate to read a post about another warrior down causehe couldnt signal a cager that was about to take him out
as far as wiring up a door opener i might not be much help other than to say that i have small one on my key chain and it seems to work out just fine as a matter of fact i have had it for 3 years now and havent changed a battery yet

1 - 12 of 12 Posts