1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I give up...this went out today.

Date: 03-11-2004

To: XXXX
North Texas Yamaha

Customer

RE: Transmission Recall

As you know, many Roadstar Warrior owners are taking the opportunity to modify their engines during the recall. I have elected to do this, and with the help of one of your employees, we developed a strategy to accomplish this. We discussed the lead times for cylinder exchange, and I took the opportunity to send the exhaust pipes out for ceramic painting. As to date, everything has gone according to plan except for one thing…the transmission kit. I am becoming greatly concerned that this will become a long term issue due to Yamaha's lack of planning and their apparent disregard for the customer.

After countless attempts to contact Yamaha Customer Service I have not been able to get through. I have avoided putting you in the middle of this because you are forced to perform the recalls with minimal re-imbursement from Yamaha. However since Yamaha refuses to deal with me (the customer), I am forced to go through you (the Yamaha representative) regarding this issue.

My bike has been at your store for 3 weeks now, my modified parts are in transit from Patrick Racing, and there is no transmission kit available. There are people around the country who have had their Warrior's recall completed – there must be kits somewhere. Also, I am first on your list for Warrior recall kits, which I assume puts me in front of any floor models.

There is a law suit being developed on behalf of thousands of Roadstar Warrior owners and countless complaints to the NTSB regarding the unavailability of the transmission kits. I haven't participated in this, since I considered it to be frivolous, but since I am making loan payments and insurance payments, I am seriously considering joining these actions. I am asking you to please contact Yamaha and intervene on my behalf.

Sincerely,

Troy XXXX
Customer since June 2002

For additional information please refer to this website:

http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=44

·
Registered
23 Posts
Man, I am without words. No I'm not !!! I realise I'm relatively new to this "club", but for some reason this post has hit me HARD. I ride to LIVE and with what we are all dealing with it is KILLING me and others. If Yamaha would pay $1/.01 of the antiacid I've taken during this period I'd be a rich man. I too am at wits end , will pay my dealer a visit tomorrow, compose a letter (copies to Yamaha, my dealer, NC Atourney General), and then decide whether to retain the attourney I have contacted.To see you investing so much, and trying to make this a GOOD thing, just to be treated as you have been, it makes me sick.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Troy, I hope you are successful in getting your bike completed very soon. You (and many others on this site) have FAR MORE patience and tolerance towards Yamaha than I. You seem to have bent over backwards in trying to make this a good thing, just like jimr said.

You know, when it comes right down to the nub of the matter, I think everyone, by and large, has been more than patient. I am in the communications (marketing, sales, public relations) business and it is obvious that ONE of Yamaha's problems is a terrible lack of forthright communciations with their customers. If Yamaha had come out and given all of us, from the get-go, all the facts surrounding this recall issue, most of the acrimony would have dissipated immediately.

However, the YiC seems to desire obfuscation and pat answers instead of just being candid and upfront about the problem.

Sorry for the diatribe. I wish you the Very Best Results in your quest to get your bike together.

Gary

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Speechless, but not for the reasons you guys think... Step away from the letters and take a deep breath. Kits are arriving, and you are first on the list at your dealer. Have you talked to your dealer about if he plans to do floor models in front of yours. Or are you just assuming the worst. Talk to them see what they say. I was offered the first kit at my dealers and I turned it down. Why? cuz I want them to do a few before me, I have not decided what to do about engine mods, and cuz I am still waiting for the first confirmed failure of a warrior tranny. Hope this is friendly enough, I don't want to get "warned" again. I realize that this is a very personal thing for some of you, and wish you all luck in getting your bikes fixed or bought back, or compensated or whatever outcome you desire.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts