RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi group, when does the wom get picked? Itll be 2 years soon.each month is not 2 yrs..! can I enter my bike? April 2020...

Attachments

·
Registered
224 Posts
Oh I’d love if we did a WOM. Here is my beast!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mine is in hospital waiting on a starter motor from Japan. You can follow the saga under New tank wanted or possibly just by clicking on my name. Glad you got rid of that sidecar lol

·
Administrator
28,176 Posts
hi group, when does the wom get picked? Itll be 2 years soon.each month is not 2 yrs..! can I enter my bike? April 2020...
It's on hiatus awhile.

Maybe I should grab this opportunity for sharing what I hope can happen.

I'm looking at December for EOBA elections and of course The Toast happens same month. Then January to start WOM with elections the first two weeks of every month. Then WOY last two weeks of December.

So it means that for Dec2021 we will have EOBA, TOAST, and WOM(Dec) and WOY, and every December thereafter.

With all the changes I can't make it happen any sooner.

I have posted in the past for Thread managers and Event managers but no real solid responses. Its a commitment and I completely understand why its hard to step-up. Its a long term volunteer commitment. But when these things come together its very satisfying.

I'm also talking with a few other members here about the possibility of one of us setting-up a shared-cost read-only server for only pdf files of manuals and some vendor info, and pdf's of certain helpful DIY threads, and also certain technical jpg's. So similar to the Documentation Forum, and similar to Robriguez's setup which he keeps for us but cannot indefinitely.

The hope is that any future forum software issues changes migrations will be followed by re-populating from the shared-cost server. And when the Robriguez server goes away one day, the data will still be available to all members here.

Once that is set-up we will also begin to host selected DIY videos by members here (or we might instead provide a maintained clickable menu to jump to those hosted elsewhere).

Its all Technical file hosting only. Its intended to support anyone messing around with a Road Star Warrior, and to compliment this forum. And to answer the typical new member technical questions asked over and over again.

So there are months to ready your Beast for WOM. And to start and fully-develop your new DIY threads, and to update your existing DIY threads, so they all can be printed to pdf and then read-only hosted.

Maybe the server can go live by January, if we are able to find a way to share those costs into the future and if the planets align.

Maybe enough long-term volunteers will commit to managing threads and events and we can again move those ahead.

Sorry for the long response.

·
Registered
224 Posts
So let me see if I have this right. When the EOBA meets up with the WOM and WOY for TOAST things will fall into place. However if this is not the case we will just have to DYI ?

·
Premium Member
5,197 Posts
All the things you asked about are all separate things. DYI is the do it yourself thread that hosted all the mods that have been done to the warrior. compiled with how they were done.
The toast is always around new year. wom was monthly woy was the yearly winner.

If shared-cost read-only server happens so we don't loose all of our files that are some what protected from being deleted every time the forum updates its software.

sorry if this doesnt make sense. Working lots of hours right now. We are still full swing where I work.

·
Administrator
28,176 Posts
No worries, its just that many of these events are labor-intensive hallmarks of what we members historically provide here in the way of well-deserved recognition. Additionally now, its labor-intensive and costly to host but its a solution many of us believe is necessary. None of these is being staffed right now. So I wanted to mention the width of what is hanging out there including WOM.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's on hiatus awhile.

Maybe I should grab this opportunity for sharing what I hope can happen.

I'm looking at December for EOBA elections and of course The Toast happens same month. Then January to start WOM with elections the first two weeks of every month. Then WOY last two weeks of December.

So it means that for Dec2021 we will have EOBA, TOAST, and WOM(Dec) and WOY, and every December thereafter.

With all the changes I can't make it happen any sooner.

I have posted in the past for Thread managers and Event managers but no real solid responses. Its a commitment and I completely understand why its hard to step-up. Its a long term volunteer commitment. But when these things come together its very satisfying.

I'm also talking with a few other members here about the possibility of one of us setting-up a shared-cost read-only server for only pdf files of manuals and some vendor info, and pdf's of certain helpful DIY threads, and also certain technical jpg's. So similar to the Documentation Forum, and similar to Robriguez's setup which he keeps for us but cannot indefinitely.

The hope is that any future forum software issues changes migrations will be followed by re-populating from the shared-cost server. And when the Robriguez server goes away one day, the data will still be available to all members here.

Once that is set-up we will also begin to host selected DIY videos by members here (or we might instead provide a maintained clickable menu to jump to those hosted elsewhere).

Its all Technical file hosting only. Its intended to support anyone messing around with a Road Star Warrior, and to compliment this forum. And to answer the typical new member technical questions asked over and over again.

So there are months to ready your Beast for WOM. And to start and fully-develop your new DIY threads, and to update your existing DIY threads, so they all can be printed to pdf and then read-only hosted.

Maybe the server can go live by January, if we are able to find a way to share those costs into the future and if the planets align.

Maybe enough long-term volunteers will commit to managing threads and events and we can again move those ahead.

Sorry for the long response.
No problem, could I get notice when things are going to happen here.. thank you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts