RS Warrior Forum banner

241 - 260 of 1085 Posts

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
I picked up my bike today. I will post some pix tomorrow when I get home.
Awesome! Can't wait to see the progress

Sent from my XVR17

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #243 (Edited)
I am glad to have my baby back home but I have tons of work left. This is a group of pictures of the engine interconnect. I know it looks big (camera adds 10 pounds) but after I add all the exhaust it will blend in very nicely. Team Turfrey at the end did a very nice job and I do not see this being the weak link in the system. As far as being out of balance with the other side. No worries, I still need an oil tank, large intercooler, intake plumbing and a gas tank.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
lookin good man, keep pluggin along

·
Premium Member
3,936 Posts
GIVE $$$$ you guys!! SUPPORT HIM!

I setup a special paypal [email protected] please make sure in the message section you put your name, screen name or company name that you would like me to put on my bike. Man you guys are the best!!!
I just learned of this project a few min ago...I sat here and went through ALL the pages just fascinated and awed with the ambition and creativity...and perhaps a bit of pride that our warrior is going to represent!!

I couldn't be HAPPIER to help sponsor this. I'll never do/need a project like this for myself, but I'm sure people thought the same of the Wright Brothers Project...you never know how tech trickles down!

I hope this post will help to BUMP awareness and more importantly, $money$ to help show that this matters to us. I spend more at the movie theater, and am frequently less entertained...

Members: if you find this interesting, and want to see this BEAST in action...throw some change towards 8pack's cause.

paypal $25 (or more!!) to : [email protected]

I just sent $30 to help buy whatever bolt, washer or dyno-seconds I'm sure will be needed.

goodluck.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #250 (Edited)
This still the plan? Super busy right now I'm sure!
There is no way I am going to make it this year with the job change and my bike being in the machine shop so long. I do not want to slap it together, make a fooool of myself and more important let down my sponsors. I made some more progress this week. Pix are on the way.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #251 (Edited)
It was a pretty busy week with very little visual progress. The chain for the engine interconnect was to tight so I took a chance and swapped the POST stretched chain off my ZX14 and swapped it with the new chain (3 Hours later and 3 master links later). I had a perfect interconnect chain for my Bonneville Warrior and a new chain on my ZX14 with two masterlinks!?

The next task was to figure out the best place for the turbo. I quickly figured out this was going to be a 90 pounds of crap in a 5 pound bag project. 2 Days later and a ^ pack of beer I think I came up with the best location. The turbo down pipe will extent to just short of the rear tire. I should make a some more progress tomorrow.

I really like how the Warrior rear fender looks on the bike. I hope I do not have to trim any of it off. The rule book states it can not go beyond the end of the rear tire.

·
Administrator
28,357 Posts
The delay is understandable. Its a unique build, might as well take the steps needed to make it right as possible the first time. Sux the fender will get chopped, its not even close to ending at the tire so they will flag it huh? Or hang a parachute back there and claim its necessary to leave the fender length haha. Thanks for these updates, its cool to watch!

·
Premium Member
4,574 Posts
I think I would be in for that...

Looking good 8 Pack, nice work. Must be hard not being able to work on it whenever you want, I know I would really want to stay home and work on it...

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
You must be enjoying this build BUT!...............Roll on that 1st run!! Can't wait to see what that beast can do!!! :cool:

241 - 260 of 1085 Posts