RS Warrior Forum banner

261 - 280 of 1085 Posts

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
I haven't read the whole thing, but I am assuming that it will be carburated? If not, what kind of rpm will it be redlining?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #262
I haven't read the whole thing, but I am assuming that it will be carburated? If not, what kind of rpm will it be redlining?

That was the plan at the beginning but I changed my mind and decided to stay with fuel injection. I will keep the redline around 5000.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
I am actually kinda glad it won't run this year as I would have to miss it, anytime after March of next year though and I am there!

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #264
Sux the fender will get chopped, its not even close to ending at the tire so they will flag it huh? Or hang a parachute back there and claim its necessary to leave the fender length haha.
I think I can trim off the front and slide the fender forward:rolleyes:. I will take another look at it this weekend when I get back home.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
I think I can trim off the front and slide the fender forward:rolleyes:. I will take another look at it this weekend when I get back home.
I am sure there is someone on the forum that may have a bobbed fender or would do it for you.

·
Premium Member
7,726 Posts
I can bob one up for you if you would like - my contribution to the cause as long as you are not in a hurry and if you will not be running it with passengers LOL I could do a super light one for you

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #267
I can bob one up for you if you would like - my contribution to the cause as long as you are not in a hurry and if you will not be running it with passengers LOL I could do a super light one for you
Thanks for the offer. I am going to look at it this weekend. I have to adjust the ride height and level for my new tires. After I get it all set I will know if I can trim off the front and slide it forward.

·
Premium Member
7,726 Posts
Thanks for the offer. I am going to look at it this weekend. I have to adjust the ride height and level for my new tires. After I get it all set I will know if I can trim off the front and slide it forward.
You can probably cut off the front and rotate the fender forward a bit but then you would ruin a perfectly good stock fender which you could possibly sell to another member. also the back would probably stick up a bit more. I can make the fender the length you want and even cut the end straight or fancy for you. I have been following this thread since the beginning and would like to contribute but after purchasing two bikes this summer my finances are low and I need everything i can put my hands on for my 330 conversion so I cannot contribute money but I can contribute with this part or others. If you want to keep the stock rear i have a shortened version which I chopped 3.5 inches out of the middle.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #270
You can probably cut off the front and rotate the fender forward a bit but then you would ruin a perfectly good stock fender which you could possibly sell to another member. also the back would probably stick up a bit more. I can make the fender the length you want and even cut the end straight or fancy for you. I have been following this thread since the beginning and would like to contribute but after purchasing two bikes this summer my finances are low and I need everything i can put my hands on for my 330 conversion so I cannot contribute money but I can contribute with this part or others. If you want to keep the stock rear i have a shortened version which I chopped 3.5 inches out of the middle.
Strange, last night I was thinking that I may just have to cut a section out of the middle of the fender. Then you wrote that you have a shortened version with 3.5 inches chopped out of the middle. I am almost sure that is enough. I will PM you this weekend. Thanks

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #271 (Edited)
The more stuff I put on the harder it is to get off the lift!!! I installed my new tires along with a R1 front rim and readjusted the ride height. Now as long as your are less than 3.5" tall you will be able to roll right under it... I fabbed new swingarm braces and got a start on the turbo downpipe. I want to get the downpipe finished tomorrow and start working on the exhaust manifold this week.

·
Premium Member
4,574 Posts
Looking awesome! This may be a dumb question, but where are you going to sit/lay/hang on for dear life?

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Lookin good man! It's really comin together, I would love to come up and see it

Sent from my XVR17

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
When you get it running, you have to do a sound bit of it!

I wonder what a job it would be to mouth them side by side and tie the cranks together?

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Wicked!

The dream is turning into reality, 8Pack!

Sweet job you and your crew have done so far. Can't wait for the next update.

Keep it up!

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #280
Nothing like spending a whole day building a chain guard. I can't wait till I get the turbo mounted in for the last time! I think I removed and reinstalled the back half 20 times today just to get everything to jive. The downfall is I already know I am going to have to do it 20 more times tomorrow for the downpipe....

261 - 280 of 1085 Posts