RS Warrior Forum banner

301 - 320 of 1085 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #305
Looks like you might Burt Munro your right leg and turbo-burn your fly there bro!
Nothing like 1200 degrees between your legs to make you sweat:(

The header will be double wrapped with heat wrap, a turbo blanket will be added and a heat shield added to make sure no body parts can touch. I have a feeling it would be like a blow-torch other wise.

·
Premium Member
3,936 Posts
B U M P to help out!
Originally Posted by 8pack
I setup a special paypal [email protected] please make sure in the message section you put your name, screen name or company name that you would like me to put on my bike. Man you guys are the best!!!

I just learned of this project a few min ago...I sat here and went through ALL the pages just fascinated and awed with the ambition and creativity...and perhaps a bit of pride that our warrior is going to represent!!

I couldn't be HAPPIER to help sponsor this. I'll never do/need a project like this for myself, but I'm sure people thought the same of the Wright Brothers Project...you never know how tech trickles down!

I hope this post will help to BUMP awareness and more importantly, $money$ to help show that this matters to us. I spend more at the movie theater, and am frequently less entertained...

Members: if you find this interesting, and want to see this BEAST in action...throw some change towards 8pack's cause.

paypal $25 (or more!!) to : [email protected]

I just sent $30 to help buy whatever bolt, washer or dyno-seconds I'm sure will be needed.

goodluck.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #309 (Edited)
A couple pictures of my fender being built/sponsored by CHRISTO.

The Mold....

Gelcoat in the mold getting ready for the goodies.

Fender is all molded up and curing. Note this is not a 5 minute job. Thanks for taking the time to build me a custom fender. It is going to look AWESOME!!!!!

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #310
Back to work tomorrow. I got an A OK to continue building from Bonneville Inspectors this week. I should have some more pix to post tomorrow night.

·
Premium Member
4,574 Posts
Subscribed! This is awesome... keep up the good work!
Well welcome...............1 post and the kewlest thread gets your attention....awesome...lol

Some of us are trying to plan a trip to Bonneville to watch his run, next late Aug/Sept time frame....you should try to be there!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well welcome...............1 post and the kewlest thread gets your attention....awesome...lol

Some of us are trying to plan a trip to Bonneville to watch his run, next late Aug/Sept time frame....you should try to be there!
Came to this site via a guy in town who is also a Warrior rider. Been gleaming the site occasionally for aftermarket and mod ideas, suggestions, etc since, just not a very vocal guy I guess. This project, however, definitely deserved a shout out. If it is ready for Bonneville by next year I may consider taking the trip in lieu of my tentative ride to Sturgis for the Rally.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #316
I am getting very close to finishing the spaghetti portion of the exhaust. It is amazing how fast I am running out of room behind the rear engine. I have to finish welding the pipes for the wastegate, grind some welds, throw a coat of header paint on the exhaust and start working on the oil system after I get back home next week. I am starting to get excited about the day I turn the key, push the button and pray it starts:rolleyes:

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #318
I did manage to break away from the madness for a couple hours this week. I have the oil tank about 70% complete and the area behind the rear engine 175% full:eek: I still have to weld in a 3x4x6 drop in the oil tank for the oil pickup tube, weld in pipe fittings bungs for the oil fill/vent, oil return, oil pickup and turbo oil return. Ok maybe I am only 60% done with the oil tank:cool:

301 - 320 of 1085 Posts