RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Carknee,

Could you please talk to your provider and verify they have the latest service patches and have current dat files running on their system. A member here thinks they may have gotten e-mail from me with a virus and that's just not possible with the massive protection I have here (my system is just short of being covered with a condom). This is the only other place that "I'm aware of" where a worm could send mail in my name. Not meaning that there aren't a hundred other ways for this to happen but it concerns me.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Denis,
Send me as much info as possible! If you can get a copy of the original email headers, that would help a lot.

I sent them an email and left a voice mail with them. I will get back to asap.

CarKnee

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unless there is some weird worm I haven't seen yet (which is possible) it's probably not you or we'd have all seen it by now. It's not me, I have no viruses to send and if I did, I'd have been contacted by a couple of hundred people by now. Everybody should update their virus software definition files though because there are new worms and viruses out daily.
I can't send you the header or the original message because I don't have it but I will try to get more information

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
One thing I must warn people of is that if you post your email address publicly on the board you WILL be targetted with spam! There is software the is custom designed to search webpages for email addresses and use them for future spam mailings.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
The system came up clean after a full virus scan.

If you think you got a virus/worm from this site then please contact me. This web site can not give you viruses; viruses come in mainly from emails with people using Outlook. If you have an email from something @rswarrior.com and it doesnt appear to be from me then please delete it!

I send my emails from the kearney account at rswarrior.com, and the forum will automatically email you from the webmaster account. If you get an email from someone other than kearney or webmaster it is most likely bad news.

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for checking this out. I did did a system scan, email scan and have e-mail/web/download filtering running constantly and I had no viruses and have received no viruses either. Worms and viruses are a little more well developed in the last year or so and worms can and do infect IIS and travel without outlook that's pretty much what code red was all about. But, we're clear here and that's important, I appreciate it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts