RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I spoke to the adjuster today and they told me it would be $870 to retain the bike for spare parts or to part out. Obviously, the whole front was trashed when the driver cut in front of me, but the back half faired pretty well. The pipes look good except where the front frame pinched a piece when the neck snapped. I'm pretty sure that could be repaired. There was some pitting on the top of the chrome on the engineer but I see no scratches or dents. Unfortunately, I don't think there is a way to turn over the engineer to test it, but the speed of the impact wasn't that bad so I can't see there being any damage there.

I'm in NY and trying to figure out if it is worth eating that fee to see if I can get some of it back. I know OEM parts are hard to find. Is there enough action in the classifieds here to make up? I'll ad more to this when I can.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
'05 Midnight
2,435 Posts
The tank doesn't look like it was touched. If that's the case, you could easily get $700 for it. Then with The rear fender, the seats, and plenty of other parts, you'd come out way ahead by keeping it and parting it out. If it were me, I'd keep it, sell enough to cover the cost of keeping it, then buy another one and start doing some custom work on parts before swapping them over. Plus, you'll have a lot of the hard to find parts already handy along with a lot of the odds and ends fasteners that can be a pain to track down.

Just my 2¢.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Keep it worth double that in parts easy.

Also, offer insurance company $500.

·
Premium Member
7,861 Posts
If not mistaken Arizona has a titled frame for sale so you could probably rebuild using the parts from the wrecked bike along with some other replacement parts

·
Premium Member
'05 Midnight
2,435 Posts
Definitely offer less to the insurance.
Definitely buy it back. Tank, seat, motor & tranny easy sells and would put you into the profit sector.
Definitely do those things.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I'd be interested in the tank and any keyed items (ignition, seat release and tank cap). It looks like I'm headed down the repair path with my Warrior but I'm not sure when I'll get the $$ to do it. Hopefully soon.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I have an 02 seat on my 06 midnight. The 06 seat was 2 piece, I just added two suction cups to the back of the 02 seat, and the front works as is. The 02 seat is one piece. If the 04 is a two piece it should work.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts