RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got home from college yesterday for spring break and the weather was awesome but unfortunatly had to attend a funeral till late so didn't get a chance to ride. Woke up this morning "afternoon for college kids" and was greeted with awesome weather again, about 65 degrees and sunny. Went in to the shop and got the bike out in the daylight for the first time in months and did the quick once over before getting on and riding home to prep and saw it... the front tire was worse than I remembered. Threads were just about to come into view but weren't there yet. You could feel them if you rubbed the tire though. Hopped on the bike and rode it to the house "about a mile" and checked pressure, oil, misc. nuts and bolts and decided that I couldn't let the nice weather go by without even riding alittle. Rode about 100 miles and decided to call it a day. Dumb decision on my part I know but couldn't go any longer without a nice ride. To mydefense I did order tires when I got home and will be in Tue.
Should be able to hold off till then! Just felt like sharing the news with yall.

GET OUT AND RIDE!!

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
LUCKY!

My riding time has been cut to 2 or 3 days out of the week and thats still depending on weather.

Why should my Wife go off to college? I mean, if she would sit at home like a good girl, I could ride all the time, but NO, she wants to run her own business.

GEEZ!

She better make an a$$ load of money, then I wount have to work and I can ride off into the sunset on HER dime!!!!

sweet! lol

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
haha her going to college is a good thing in the long run im sure! "thats what i keep telling myself whilethe girlfriend goes for nursing"

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
and pep the weather in Indiana has been great the past few days! tomorrow is supposed to be around 70 again but then its gonna get wet and cold again for the rest of next week!
get all the riding in we can!

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Glad you got to take her for a ride.

Been LOVING the weather in Phoenix lately. I've driven my car only one time in the past two weeks, to buy groceries. Otherwise, been riding every single day. Supposed to be 70 degrees all weekend! yeeeee haaaaawwwwww!

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
i'm with u guys - on day two and just got in from a quick 60 mile run. 92 miles to the tank. thats worse then my 86 max. Oh well i guess i'll just keepfilling uplol! AnywayI pull into a station to getpowerball tickets for tomorrow -got off the bike as aguy was walking back to his car yells over "love the way your harley sounds. You should leave the key in it and when you are ready to leave take my car" A POS by the way. I just smiled and told him to keep his cage.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im sure that 92 miles to a tank has nothing to do with rollin on the throttle a little to hard on the first couple rides of the season does it!!

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
papawheelie said:

Been LOVING the weather in Phoenix lately. I've driven my car only one time in the past two weeks, to buy groceries. Otherwise, been riding every single day. Supposed to be 70 degrees all weekend! yeeeee haaaaawwwwww!

I mean this in the most sincere way possible....

YOU SUCK!

lol

Right now we are getting 60 degrees for a high with, Oh, about a million mile an hour winds.

Wife gets home tonight, I should be able to ride tomorrow, if the wind isnt going to blow me off the road.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
BJINFIDEL said:
papawheelie said:

YOU SUCK!

lol

Right now we are getting 60 degrees for a high with, Oh, about a million mile an hour winds.

Wife gets home tonight, I should be able to ride tomorrow, if the wind isnt going to blow me off the road.

HA! Yeah, I know. I don't mean to rub it in. I'm riding as much as I possibly can now, before we're stuck at freakin 112 freakin degrees for 5 freakin months straight. I'm not looking forward to it, if you can't tell. : ) No more riding to work once that happens. Can still ride at night during the Summer, but I'm still a sweaty mess by the time I get where I'm going.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
papawheelie said:
BJINFIDEL said:
papawheelie said:

YOU SUCK!

lol

HA! Yeah, I know. I don't mean to rub it in. I'm riding as much as I possibly can now, before we're stuck at freakin 112 freakin degrees for 5 freakin months straight. I'm not looking forward to it, if you can't tell. : ) No more riding to work once that happens. Can still ride at night during the Summer, but I'm still a sweaty mess by the time I get where I'm going.

Time to become a Snow Bird.

I know you know what that is!!! They are almost ready to flock back up here. Clogging up our streets and not checking their mirrors!!!

lol

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
I hate it when i get busted - but you all know how it goes plus i have to give the VBAK a work out since i installed it two weeks ago- tomorrow is going to be another day in the 70s just got to love ne arkansas

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Arkansas Warrior said:
just got to love ne arkansas
I've never been there. Now I'm curious... What's NE Arkansas like? Green with lots of trees, a little snow during the Winter, and mild Summers? Lots of farming? Are the people nice?

I'm used to the big city where it seems like everyone hates each other when their driving on the freeway, and nobody ever makes eye contact in the grocery store. However, central/southern Arizona has some of theee best weather all Winter, which makes it popular. If the power grid goes down during the Summer though, it gets real hot real quick.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Unseasonably warm the last couple of days. Hit 73 yesterday so off I went. Calling for rain all weekend tho.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Man Im just glad they are calling for 50's this weekend. I may take a bike out today for a spin.There is still alot of gravel on the roads from it snowing last week. Tomarrow rain.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Man, I really love you guys and the forum, but I have to say that with all my heart........You all suck! It'l be at least 6 weeks before I can even think about taking off the cover from the bike and letting it hit the crappy ice and snow covered goat-paths that we like to call our roads here! Oh, and by the way, -20 celsius. Bite me!

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
SuicideD_45 said:
Man, I really love you guys and the forum, but I have to say that with all my heart........You all suck! It'l be at least 6 weeks before I can even think about taking off the cover from the bike and letting it hit the crappy ice and snow covered goat-paths that we like to call our roads here! Oh, and by the way, -20 celsius. Bite me!

Supposed to be near 80 here in the next few days....ans SPRING BREAK is ramping up fast here...were supposed to get about 200,000 visitors in the next 4 weeks....What a rough life here on the gulf coast!

BTW, we speak F down here....what is that celsius stuff anyway...(what was that formula... 5 over 9 times 2 plus 45 somethin.....ah who cares...sounds cold.)

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Ken (A.K.A. Big Shasta) said:
SuicideD_45 said:

Supposed to be near 80 here in the next few days....ans SPRING BREAK is ramping up fast here...were supposed to get about 200,000 visitors in the next 4 weeks....What a rough life here on the gulf coast!

BTW, we speak F down here....what is that celsius stuff anyway...(what was that formula... 5 over 9 times 2 plus 45 somethin.....ah who cares...sounds cold.)
LOL..Celsius is our way of expresing our individuality! And it's 9/5 x 32 plus the number. And, yes, it is cold. We just came out of a -30 week. Brass monkeys are running around clutching their groin areas, looking confused. That's the price we pay for living on top of the worlds largest oilsands deposit that every other country wants to get their hands on.

Enjoy your weather!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
BJINFIDEL said:
LUCKY!

My riding time has been cut to 2 or 3 days out of the week and thats still depending on weather.

Why should my Wife go off to college? I mean, if she would sit at home like a good girl, I could ride all the time, but NO, she wants to run her own business.

I must be missing something. If she's sneaking-off to college, doesn't that mean you can get out and ride with no nagging and no 'where do you think your going'?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts