Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone still here ?

any new mods ?

what's been happening ?

hows the weather ?

anyone get layed ?

BTW i did Great ocean road to Apollo bay on the bike two weeks ago , then did GOR in the car with the family to the 12 apostles last saturday.... cool

·
Premium Member
4,412 Posts
It's spring-time mate get out and ride. I'm afraid that where everyone else is, except for us 'mericans, it's getting cool here and I'm a wuss.

·
Registered
563 Posts
G'Day Gerald,

Is anyone still here ? I'm still around.

any new mods ? Your windshield is my last mod. I bought stebel air horn a few weeks ago andI decided to try it without the relay and blew a fuse. I need to devote some time to beast.

what's been happening ? WORK WORK WORK! Snowy ride is coming up 7 November.

hows the weather ? Too bloody good to be working.

anyone get layed ?

What about you mate any mods??

You were talking up a WA ride at WWW08, any more thought about it?

Cheers Mick

·
Registered
741 Posts
And who gave you permission to sneak off and do the GOR

No new mods here, just a little black chrome. It's riding time.

Had a cop on a bike ride behind me all the way down from King Lake on Sunday. That took the fun out of the ride. The pr1ck was there all afternoon just riding up and down the hill.

Looking forward to the Drag track now. Can't wait to open the beast up. Tell me, does anyone know what tyre pressure to run in the back for a drag strip??

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Still out here.

Great to hear you got around to doing GOR on the bike and in the car. Still on my long list of "must do" things.

Not had much riding myself recently. Still too much work to do around the house while the temperatures are still OK, and still need to fit my watertank in the hope that this next month will bring some decent rain.

Will be getting out this weekend if all goes well for a nice long run.

The paint was flaking off the air intake after WWW2008, so thats in being sprayed at the moment, and had a quote for all my tins in black with a subtle hint of purple to match the forwards which was only $550, so might go for that end of the summer.

Front lower scoop broke off partially (probably an after effect of the crash last year) so fixed that. Cluch is slipping quite badly as well, need to get that looked at. Not doing very well at the moment really

Otherwise no other mods planned at the moment.

Shame I wont get up to the snowy mountains, still not sure if I will get chance to go on the drag weekend either. I will try to make the Bike show next weekend in the city. Any other Vic warriors heading that way ? I might see if Kimbo wants to tag along as well.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hehehe

come out come out where ever you are warriors

Yeah GOR was awesome - hey Mick when your down we've got to do it - actually anyone doing it during summer give me a yell . i did it with a guy on a Vstrom and another guy on a brand new GSXR600 he was breaking in . They left me for dead .... but on the way back through the Otways and then out country I opened her up and left them for DEAD !!!!! well I pulled away a full k until the 600 hit 8grand and caughtup..... we canned it like that all the way back- friggin great fun racing for an hour. Actually think I'm close to the 135mph club
Can't wait for the drags !!!

Well as for mods the 65t rear is on with the 1 1/2 belt . I've taken off both ais covers and done a beautiful dry break system - so the ais covers are up for grabs if you know anyone that want them.

I'm off to Sydney next week - Mick / Tosh you want to catch up "HOOTERS" is calling again hehe.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
G'day All,

Been working my ar$e off too. Kids have moved into the new house and I have just layed 32 m2 of decking for them, so they are happy for now.

The engine cases are in from the US and hopefully tomorrow I will be taking the gearbox off of the motor and getting it ready to take in for change over. Frame is nearly ready for painting and all is moving ahead.

Sweating on the Snowy Ride.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Yeah, still arround, but to busy to do anything else but work.

(even the missus starts to hassle me for some (
special
) attention )

Good to hear most of all are still active with mods etc.

Time did you not need a front headlight??? gimme a yell...

******, slipping clutch allready, howmany clicks did you do?

Hanz, good to hear all is going well with the rebuild, riding the warrior beats all, even your new 'baby'

Spokes, how is the 'Ol' body healing.... should meet up someday and have a couple of beers and talk bs

Oke back to work, c ya guys arround

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
oh guys I forgot to tell ya about my little tusstle with nature.....

I went for a ride the other day to test out the rear pulley . after 100k's i was around the corner from home..... well this is where i got attacked.....

I decided to enjoy the sunshine ( rarity in Melbourne ) and had my visor up . I was heading over a rather large speed hump when a large flying object came out of a tree to my left about 10 mts ahead . Before I could say FLUKIN BEE FLUKIN BIG BEE. Well lets say it zigged , I zagged but the little blighter came in through my visor and hit me square on the forehead , throwing my head backwards .... Well then my head snapps forewards and my visor shut closed of its' own accord , as i came over the speed hump.

Well this little black duck was smacking his head with his right hand trying to find the little latch to lift the visor which happens to be on the left side placed just far enough away to cause me grief as the bee decided to headbut my forehead - then the inside of the visor , forehead - visor - forehead - visor and so on - until it could take no more and shoved its' needle of death just above my left eyebrow with an almighty BZZZZZZZZ ( bee language for friggin bike rider take this ) .

THE BLOODY STINGER DIDN"T COME OUT OF IT"S ASS !!!!! so it decided to keep stinging in that general vicinity until it stuck - and its' ass pulled free....

by then I managed to find the lip to lift the visor ( remind me to write a complaint letter to Shoei helmets ) - and kept on wacking myself in the face through the visor opening until I felt sufficiently satisfied that the little shitt was dead.

While all this was happening I managed to avoid comming over the speed hump into the back of a parked car.

Got home removed said helmet looked in the mirror and realised that with the repeated punching i did to myself trying to remove the bee , I must of knocked the sack off the stinger..... out comes the tweezers as my forehead starts to swell.

I luv riding

cheers hope you enjoyed my pain

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
lmao

That's so funny

I was stung by a bee on the temple as I was riding through Mt Mee. It wasn't so bad as I just pulled over and removed it then kept going...... well for a little while anyway. I am not allergic to bee's but for some reason I started feeling nauseas and light headed. After about 10 Minutes I had to pull over because I thought I was going to pass out and I could hardly breath. I was shitting myself. Apparantly they can make you feel like that if they sting you on the temple.
I never knew that.
It took about another 20 minutes to start feeling normal again

Andre - feeling much better. Still have quite bad back pains but I haven't used the walking stick for a week now. Definately should get together soon.

cheers all

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Flyingdutchman said:
******, slipping clutch allready, howmany clicks did you do?

Not enough thats for sure. I keep forgetting to look, but its somewhere in the mid 20k's

When it was mapped, the guy thought it might be slipping at the time, but just seems to be getting worse the last few weeks. Will need a new rear tyre soon anyway, so it looks like another $1000 bill again. [:'(]

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Make sure you check your front sprocket is on correctly.

There was a warrior rider in the Uselesssissies club up here that thought his clutch was starting to slip but it ended up being that his frontsprocket was coming off the main drive shaft and he never found out until he ended up on the side of the road with a main shaft that had striped splines and wouldn't turn the front sprocket anymore.

I had never heard of this before but once it happened to him he said that he found out that it had happened to other warrior owners as well.
It is probably just a clutch issue but it will only take 5 minutes to rip the cover off and check hey?

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
Mickm512 said:
I bought stebel air horn a few weeks ago andI decided to try it without the relay and blew a fuse

that's good info right there! - i'm trying to get a proper loom made for the warrior to fit these suckers - clever guys on the 4m have donethere thing to make them work, but it's not easy to follow and they are all slightly different for differing reasons - anyone else intersted in a stock relay to fix these horns? - opps...sorry to steal your thread guys - anyone get layed? - on and off for me!?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Still Here, have had lots going on but unfortunately none of it to do with the bike.

Man sizepergola in the backyard, Gardens, Concete, 3 month old baby, blah, blah, blah.

Managed about 470k's around the GOR early spring, Phillip island and the Melbourne bike expo tonight.

I'll be in for another day trip round the GOR with the Warrior boys before the year is out if we can get our sh!t together.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ozwarrior said:
Still Here, have had lots going on but unfortunately none of it to do with the bike.

Man sizepergola in the backyard, Gardens, Concete, 3 month old baby, blah, blah, blah.

congrats ... girl /boy ? name ? hows mum and yourself ?

ozwarrior said:
Managed about 470k's around the GOR early spring, Phillip island and the Melbourne bike expo tonight.

I'll be in for another day trip round the GOR with the Warrior boys before the year is out if we can get our sh!t together.

well go on - organise a date son

·
Registered
254 Posts
Time said:
congrats ... girl /boy ? name ? hows mum and yourself ?

Thanks mate,

We had a boy we named Jake Nathan. He was a big one and need all the tricks in the book to persuade him to come meet us. Kel recovered supprisingly quickly and both are doing well.

And before all the smart comments, thats Jake on the left and his bodyguard on the right.

As for the Great Ocean Rd ride we could start with a Saturday or Sunday? If some of you work Saturdays or Sundays pipe up now. I'm ok for either from the 22nd Nov onwards.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Congrats on the littlun. The bodyguard looks chuffed as well.

I'm definitely up for the GOR this summer.

I work 3 out of 4 saturdays, but can be flexible if need be, and have a shitload of days off as well.

Put down a few dates, and let me see what is possible.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Congrats mate, and my well wishes for the Mrs.

both look good, bodyguard, and little jake.

Hope you guys get some sleep in this exiting time.... (mean the mrs and you, Jake appearantly has no problem sleeping as projected in the pic)

Enjoy....

1 - 20 of 36 Posts