RS Warrior Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
44221, there's a few out here --- I'd burn a tank of gas to pick one up, but until the Triumph is sold, I'll have opt for trade-in plus cash.
Gotta do what ya gotta do I get it. Trading in reduces the taxable amount and gives you credits for your trade in, and perhaps some other advantages. Just saying though, paying $6000 for a $4000 bike is paying 50% more and that seriously reduces any advantage of trade in.

Also, buying dealership means you have no honest idea of the history of the bike. I mean the guy that gave it to the dealer who is he how is his workmanship how did he take care of it etc etc especially if it’s modded did he cut corners did he do a hack job? Dealer doesn’t know or care and would be happy to make it barely run and sell it to you for a profit. Business as usual. On the other hand, imho, a private party tends to be much more upfront and honest about what’s been done and how it’s been done, not to mention great deals are to be had.

Don’t get me wrong, buying from private seller has many challenges too. Besides cash only, you have to know what to look for and may have to travel. But if you search this forum there is plenty of ink on that.

If you haven’t considered it already, maybe lower price on your bike which you’re selling and be sure to use all the selling apps like Craigslist, letgo, OfferUp, 5miles, Facebook and VarageSale.

I’m just trying to help bro. I hope you find the Warrior you’re looking for, even if you have to wait a bit. I did a search in your area (200 mile radius) and saw one I’d take a look at.

2007 Yamaha roadstar warrior 1700
https://akroncanton.craigslist.org/mcy/d/minerva-2007-yamaha-roadstar-warrior/6915023664.html

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
That was actually the first one I took interested to.

I met up with the guy when I had a buyer lined up for my Triumph. We hung out for a little over an hour, let me ride the bike around the block too. Could use a little clean up but overall looks good. He bought a Stage IV 110" Street Glide.

That would be the one once I have all the cash ... Anybody want an S3!! ?. I did lower the price for the Triumph as well.

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
21 - 24 of 24 Posts