RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He has an '03 Harley Electraglide and a guy got cut off in the intersection so he slammed on the brakes and I slammed into him...
Damage was minimal but in either case it doesnt belong to me. He took it suprisingly well. I brought back up to my shop( I was right down the street from my work headed home) and the damage was far less than he thought it was going to be. He took it to the Harley house this morning, so we will see...............

·
Registered
107 Posts
Sounds like it was the other guys fault. Never the less the insurance should pay for all that, but it still sucks!

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just got the quote back. $2500 to replace and repaint the fairing, replace several peices of chrome, and he talked them into a new lid. Insurance is a $500 deductible plus depriciation. Grrrrrr...could have been worse tho. Had I been on my warrior it would have probably buckled the forks and sent me flying.

·
Registered
132 Posts
As a Grandfather........... I hope your Grandfather kicks your A$$. I know, you could ride fifty different bikes and you would only have trouble with your Grandfather's, Father's, Wife's, or brother's. Just the way it goes. When you get it fixed, ride with your Grandfather all you can, before we both die of old age or something else. Neither one of my son's have ridden my bikes. Once I had a nice Yamaha DT 250 and they both screwed it up. They have been on restriction ever since. If I did let the " good " son rideone of my bikes, since he owns a Sprotster and a Ducati, something would happen and the Wife would blame me for eternity.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lovebill1951 said:
As a Grandfather........... I hope your Grandfather kicks your A$$.

I wish he would have but he is not mad at all. The bike has 28k on it and I have put more than half of those miles on it.

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
Justin said:
If you were on the warrior the brakes would have worked, or even better you would have already passed the car. :)
LMFAO!

Glad it all worked out!

·
Registered
861 Posts
Glad your okay! I always wreck other peoples stuff-if you ever meet me don't let me ride your stuff no matter how much i beg.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Believe me when I say that that harley saved my ass. Altho the warrior would have stopped faster, I think that I would have still hit him, just not as hard. That 800 pound harley stayed up right with a locked front tire for almost 25 ft until impact. My warrior would have colapsed the forks and sent me flying, as it is, I didnt even get my jeans dirty!

The old man is kinda freakin me out tho. I almost want him to kick my ass or something! Its like if I had gone home and told my girl that I cheated on her and she just smiled and said "no biggie sh!t happens".......WHAT!?! I dont know how to handle it. He has been completly cool about the whole thing, not mad in the least. And yes he is getting some new goodies since its an insurance claim....there was all kinds of chrome trashed on that bike.....

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
davidd said:
Glad your okay! I always wreck other peoples stuff-if you ever meet me don't let me ride your stuff no matter how much i beg.

I have a friend like that....he begs alot....I just say no till he goes and buys his own.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts