RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As the title says, looking for Yamaha 2006 warrior fuel tank. I'm in Vancouver Canada. Message me with what you have.

Also will to buy a damaged tank with a perfect left hand side. Let me know what you have.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Still desperately in need of a tank. Again, willing to buy a damaged tank with perfect left side metal. That is the damage I'm trying to fix.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hey, same damage as mine.
I need one for 09, silver.
hope you were not damaged.
me, big road rash on left leg and arm.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey, same damage as mine.
I need one for 09, silver.
hope you were not damaged.
me, big road rash on left leg and arm.
Sorry to hear dude. Im pretty beat up. Road rash, separated my left shoulder, torn tendon in my ankle. I'm back to being functional at this point, it's been 2 months. Shoulder isn't painful really unless I make quick movements. My ankle is really messed up. Have to wear a brace for the next 6-8 months. But the doctor says I should make an 80+ percent recovery at the end of it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
did you find the left coil pak cover ?
If so, where ?
I didn't. I just deleted it completely. Both rights and left side covers. Might body work them myself and repaint at some point.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yikes !
Recover quick, Im thinking of you.
Mine was my own fault. Grabbed the front brakes too hard on a panic stop at a railroad crossing, blind-ish corner, dusty surface. Around 25 to 30 mph

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yikes !
Recover quick, Im thinking of you.
Mine was my own fault. Grabbed the front brakes too hard on a panic stop at a railroad crossing, blind-ish corner, dusty surface. Around 25 to 30 mph
That sucks dude. Mine definitely was partially my fault. Was a blind corner and I didn't have the skill(only been riding for a year) to recover from the slide. Hopefully you recover quickly.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yep, same issue here. I need more experience.
Was a non marked up bike too.
Now, big dent in tank, big scrape on left cover.
Me, I was lucky. I still think I could not avoid except I will pay attention more.
The front brakes are very strong.
Squeeze fast instead of grab.
I am going to practice, practice practice.
Many good YouTube explanations on what to do but you need to do it to know what to expect.

·
Registered
6,871 Posts
Well first your still here to talk about it

Second the warrior can n will be fixed..

Third I've learned that you start with the rear brake first n than apply front brake.

That's what I do on the street and on the dirt..

Maybe not the correct way but works..

Practice that and see what you think

Sent from my SM-A102U1 using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts