RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I have the Oxygen tank i just need the brass valve on the top any one have one you dont need? Or know some place i can buy one. The local welding shop was clueless.

Thanks

TRex

·
Registered
7,926 Posts
Victor and smith are two of the leading manufacturers of welding gages and regulators. Do a google search. Also try northern tools and or harbor freight. It is hard to umagine that a welding shop could not help you, around here you can buy them through auto parts stores.

·
Registered
8,292 Posts
If your talking about the fill/discharge valve I do notthink they are serviceable;

The control valve for welding iscalled a regulator.

I recently purchased a pair of Harris regulators (oxy & acetylene)when Ireplaced my leaking oxy unit. Look here:

http://store.weldingdepot.com/cgi/weldingdepot/OR25.html

The regulators can be repaired, new seals diaphrams etc. I will sell the used oxy & gas regulators for cheap if your interested. As stated the oxy regulator needs a new diaphram.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
You might want to check the Hydro date on that bottle. If a tank fails inspection they take the valve and rebuild it for use on another bottle.

You can check on eBay for welding equipment... but. I bet you can buy or lease a full bottle for less than you'd spend on a new valve. Just one other thing. They don't fill them anymore, just exchange for a full one. So, you'd likely never see your shiny new valve again.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea Man I bought some tanks and regulators from a guy about 70 miles from here but the oxygen tank had no valve in iti found a brass valve on line for about $100.00 but i can buya small tank with valve for much less on ebay so that's what i am going to do.

And Blade i got a 65 tooth rear sprocket for $10.00 (on ebay) as well as a 128 tooth belt i will be putting them on soon then all i will need is a fairing and i will be ready for the long hall. I already have the Road Star hard bags, im enjoying the **** out of them.

Trex

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Another Bagged Warrior
It's always fun passing a R6 or Strom in the canyons with a Bagger! Yer gonna like the higher gearing too...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts