RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It would seem my Warrior has a mind of its own. As most of you know, I have had an oil seeping problem around the base of the front push rod where the base bolts to the cam cover. Well, I ordered a krank vent and that stopped the seeping. After a week with the krank vent, it started seeping again.(shakes head in confusion) I finally took it to the dealer last week. They put some foot powder around the area to tell exactly where it was leaking. Dealer told me they will order new o-rings and gasket. Got the bike back last Saturday and I took it for a nice ride. Got home and no seeping? Took a ride on Thursday, no seeping, dry as a bone??? Took another ride yesterday and rode the bike pretty hard, taking it up to red line a few times. Guess what, no seeping. The base of the push rod is dry as a bone. I give up..LOL Three days and no seeping. It's always been seeping since I had 500 miles on it, except for the week I had the krank vent. Now at 1000 miles, it just stops seeping? I don't know if I want the dealer to go into the engine now and replace the o rings since it seems it is no longer seeping.

It's driving me crazy. lol

·
Registered
670 Posts
Tell the dealership the same thing you just wrote above. I know everybody things dealership mechanics are idiots, but it's possible they have seen something like this happen before. They also have a computer database full of technical service bullitens that are not available to the general public.

But anyway, if the problem has gone away, I wouldn't let them touch it until the problem resurfaces. But I would tell them about it and find out what they think.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya, I plan on doing that. I'm sure Murphy's Law will come into play though. LOL

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Don't fret over it not seeping right now, it'll start back up the week before a big ride or something or the week after your local dealer closes up shop.

·
Administrator
30,111 Posts
Maybe the oil leaked out enough to slightly reduce pressure . . . nah I'm just screwin' with ya buddy.

Truth be told this might be a rare case where a dealer knows something this forum doesn't know
but I wouldn't count on some dealer mechanic taking time to research anything. But I agree it doesn't hurt to bring your info forward.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Break in is a funny thing... Problems surface, problems go away... Just ride it and enjoy it. Even if it was seeping a little bit, don't obsess. I learned that lesson a few months back.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
You've been probably riding with, or parking next to, to many Harleys. You bike probably felt left out, All the other bikes a leaking oil, I should be leaking oil too. Then the warrior probably heard you Bi!ch about, "Why the frack are you seeping oil, There's no reason you should do that, you are fracking my brain all to heck" The warrior finally got the Idea that it's ok not to leak oil, and stopped.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Have you checked your oil level recently? I remeber on one of my Triumphs, no oil leak was a bad thing, meant the level was too low!

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ya, I've kept the appointment. I'll wait and see what the dealer wants to do.

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
Just maybe the technician put a wrench to the bolts and tightened it up a bit....... my frontvalve coverwas leaking after my engine build and that is all I had to do to stop the leaking.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Scoper50 said:
Tell the dealership the same thing you just wrote above. I know everybody things dealership mechanics are idiots, but it's possible they have seen something like this happen before. They also have a computer database full of technical service bullitens that are not available to the general public

ya we are not all idiots

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Your bike sure likes to keep you on your toes doesn't it? Hopefully when you take it back in that'll do it once and for all.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
(Shakes head) Ya it is.

I have slight obsessive compulsive (lol) I like things to run well and stay clean. Getting a bike I have always wanted and for this to happen is driving me crazy. And the fact it seeps at random times. All I can do is laugh and let the dealer worry about it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts