RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was putting my barnett clutch conversion in and I was removing the plug for the cps to remove the cover and I noticed some tape near the plug so I removed it. It was a splice in the cps wire it was just twisted together no solder just tape. I had the recall done over the summer. I contacted the dealer and they gave me a replacement 10 days later. I brought the old one back to them and it was like no big deal. I remember reading about other being spliced and having problems. I was very upset with them telling them this was not acceptable and if they did any more like this they should redo them right. Now I see why everyone likes doing all the work themselves. Just trying to make everyone aware to look at the work a dealer does to your bike.

·
Registered
32 Posts
This is the very reason I have not had mine done!!! Scares the crap out of me to think they will do the same thing to my bike. I try to do all the work I can myself!!!! If it's done badly then I have myself to blame!!

·
Registered
433 Posts
Yep Yep the dealers are like handing your bike over to a kid who's last job was at checker auto and was fired for not havin a clue. At least you didn't win a burnout contest without being there.I did. Screw them all let GOD sort em out!

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
that's the very reason why I did my own. It was not so hard to do given the wealth of info and knowledge on this site![/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

·
Registered
890 Posts
If I wanted to check to see if the dealer I went to did that what I would I have to look at. I am not sure where the CPS cover is.

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
Yes they skipped all 13 steps too.. I am shocked they spliced it behind the cover with the oil back there your very lucky to find out before it came loose.. Ive pissed off three dealerships for doing the same thing to other warriors.. Report them to yamaha and the NHTSA they could get a $10,000 fine..

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It was spliced near the connector under the ecu. CBushmaker: The cps is under the big clutch cover on the Left side.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Have not had my recalls done(just the trans recall long ago at a very good dealer locally)but my freind has a yamaha certified tech coming to his garage to do both new recalls over the winter so they will be done right.We will be helping him do them so they will be done right.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Wow, this is another stunning example of how these dealerships are screwing up [B)] . I had mine done and i will be checking this out for myself too. Unbelievable!!!!!

·
Registered
220 Posts
I asked before dropping mine off and I checked it after I picked it up. So far my stealer seems pretty trustworthy.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I had mine done and told them about dealers splicing to save time and what happened to ohiomike. And they said they'll never do that. I never checked though. Maybe I should.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
thats the reason I havent had mine done. do you guys think it would be wise to tell the dealer that you dont want them to splice the wire and that you will be checking after they finish?

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I specifically asked them not to splice it when I dropped it off, They said that is not how they do it. Well look where I am. After I went to the dealer, he rememberd me asking him about that and he said the guy who did the work is laid off.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Is there anyone on this site who knows a Yamaha manager? Sure be nice to be able to show them this Dealer crap......

1 - 20 of 39 Posts