RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Damion said that the Dual Tourer moved him up and forward... which way does the solo move you?

Do you think it moves you closer or farther to the bars then the dual tourer does?

Anyone have any idea which is more comfortable... tour pillion or rear part of dual tourer?

Thanks,
CarKnee

PS, I did search and couldnt find the answer [/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
I found it moved me a little closer and I seem to ride just a little more vertically. I would think that the tour pillon should be fairly comfortable for 300 bucks

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
The reason I picked the solo (with tour pillion)....it more closely maintained the seat height and positioning of the stock seat, but was more comfortable. I don't feel like it moved me forward at all. Because of pillion and seat "cupping" it allows less movement than the stock.

·
Registered
756 Posts
I didn't notice any diff at all as far as position...front to rear. The only diff i feel is that the solo is a little thick at the sides and i feel it more under my thighs than the stocker. And, of course, like all Corbin seats that i've had...it's quite firm.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I feel the solo moved me down an inch maybe but no movement forward or back, it a very ergonomically shaped seat and gives better butt support than stock.
The pillion on the other hand is not so good but if you can lower the passenger pegs then it becomes a lot more comfortable. I am also thinking about having the pillion shaved and a gel pad inserted and possibly the frame widened 2 inches. Talking to Corbin about the cost now.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Hey Bill or CarKnee, Can you put a pic of it or tell me if I can find in the gallery? Thanks sorry more ignorance on my part.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Ok, I will come clean, I bought a Yamaha solo, BECAUSE I did a mod on my stock seat, the first time I modified it, it looked great, THEN I said to myself that was easy, maybe I can make it better, WRONG.
So I now have a Solo on its way, should get it on Friday. It's going to snow this week end so I'll just sit in my shop, and imagine.
That is why I was so interested. LOL I am finding out Iam not good at upholstery.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I just got my Yamaha/Corbin Solo from UPS, it snapped into place, and it may raise me a little, but it seems to have set me back a little.
This thing is harder than a whores heart. But it looks good, maybe I can sneek a ride in before it snows. Great price to, fast delivery.
www.Yamahamegastore.com

·
Registered
20 Posts
The Corbin Solo is hard ? Hmmmm and I was about to order one. This old man can use soft to firm but hard is out !!! For all of you that haven't reached 50 yet (95% on the Warrior class LOL) soft is almost a requirement !!!! Trust me, you all will get there sooner or later if you don't crash first [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif] !!!

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
the Yamaha/corbin is hard but once you have ridden on the seat, I'll take that hard over soft any day!! It has what soft does not, it has support and that is pretty important, expecially after the first 100 miles. This is the voice of experience talking, I thought that hard seat was going to be horrible but it turned out to be awesome

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Agreeed ,washington.When I first got my solo I thought it would be painful to sit on something that hard for any length of time.WRONG!!The stock seat killed me after 2-3miles but can easily ride all day with the solo.Good support and with the pillion pad you get a couple of inches of lower back support.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Corbin seats start off hard out of the box but you'll be amazed at the way the seat conforms to the shape of your butt!! Islecruiser is right on, you can ride the Corbin all day, I can't take the stock seat for more than an hour at max.

If you want soft out of the box, try Mustang, it felt softer IMO. But buy it local and returnable in case you have latching problems like I did.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Hey Clay...

you do what you think your 50 yr old A$$ requires...BUT...from experience with Corbin seats on my last several bikes...the very firm seats do my 60 yr old A$$ a lot better than the soft ones.

The seats that are soft end up being very hard for ME after 50 mi or so. The seats that are very firm (like Corbin seats) end up being comfortable for ME after 50 mi or so. Now i'm talking for ME and my 60 yr old A$$...it may not work this way for others.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I am 50, I like soft, but the new Corbin I put on, is hard as a whores heart, and I rode 120 miles the other day, and my assesment is awsome. I never had butt burn, I use to get with my other seat, even with the gel pad. So in my opinion it was worth 159.00 I spent. Old butt's do differ, but I am happy assed old man.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts