RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that everyone has had a very hard time getting in touch with someone at Yamaha about this recall. Here are a couple of contacts that you can try and make our case heard!

Jim Sandfer Supervisor of Warranty
714-761-7444
[email protected]

Danny Medina Supervisor of Customer Service
(P) 714-761-7435
(Fax) 714-761-7303
[email protected]

Hopefully this will bypass the 10-15 minute hold for someone to pickup the phone in customer service if it will even ring. By the way, I was told that warranty work only covers the parts and not the labor by customer service. Labor is up to the dealer to cover!

Good Luck

·
Registered
639 Posts
Thanks for the e-mail addresses. Here are the last few sentences in my message to them. I titled the message "Annual stockholders' meeting."
quote:
In short, Yamaha has been a very poor, no, EXTREMELY Poor example of how to treat customers.

What do I want?

I want a 12,000 mile warranty, parts and labor, on my engine after it has been rebuilt.
I want monetary consideration for the loss of use of my motorcycle, by some estimates up to 8 months of loss-of-use.
I want monetary consideration for the loss of value of my motorcycle.

Do I expect your company to do these things? Based upon your company's abysmal Customer Service to date, NO.

Do I expect to EVER buy ANY Yamaha product again? Again, based upon your company's abysmal Customer Service to date, NO.

I hope Yamaha's stockholders will be happy with that message.

Most earnestly,

Gary...

I need to find out when their stockholders' meeting is going to be held (and where). Maybe I'll buy a share of Yamaha stock. Then I get all kinds of neat information.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Iam wondering if its even worth letting some kid work on my bike that more than likely has never ever taken apart a warrior in the first place. And even if you were to luck out and find someone that is top notch, I would still be taking my new bike in to have it molested ( scratched parts, screws, over all be abused ). Nope I think I want my money back, or a new one that has already been upgraded from the factory. Just one person's view?

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't heard yet, but are the 04' on the recall list? If they get shipped to the dealers, they will be the test bikes for the mechanics since they need to be repaired first!!! I know a friend that has already had his 03 Road* repaired. I'm using the same dealer and the only complaint that he had was it is still dripping oil from the re-assembly. Other than that, no problems except that he plans to sell it soon...

·
Registered
222 Posts
I sent the following to them:

I am, along with a few thousand other Warrior owners, dissatisfied with how Yamaha is handling this transmission recall. I have been notified by Yamaha to park my bike but given no indication as to when my bike can be ridden again. My local repair shop has not been given any word of when the parts will be available either. This is an unacceptable response from a company as large as Yamaha. Yamaha tells me not to ride my bike but will not pick up the tab for trailer rental or tow to the nearest repair shop (50 miles). Yamaha is also not going to warranty the "rebuilt" engine after the rebuild and I feel the rebuilt engine will not be as reliable as the factory assembled one due to an uncontrolled environment. My bike only has 2800 miles and the thought of it getting "rapped" is stomach churning.

I would hope that Yamaha can see the impact of such poor customer service because if this recall continues down this road my lifelong loyalty to big blue is over. My next ride and the rides of everybody I can convince will be something other than Yamaha.

Sincerely, Upset Yamaha Customer

Paul Graham
332 Dees RD
Lyons GA 30436

·
Registered
639 Posts
Hi Allsmiles. (tongue-firmly-in-cheek) Why would anyone want to sell their Yamaha Roadstar after it had its engine rebuilt? Surely the oil leak is not a big deal. I mean, we should all be so GRATEFUL to YiC for fixing our bikes! (dripping sarcasm rant over).

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SpearWarrior,
He works for YMMC and get a new/pool bike every year at a GREATLY reduced price. If you knew what it cost manufacture a Warrior, you would be shocked! That's why they sell them after 1 year due to purchasing agreement.

·
Administrator
29,681 Posts
What does it cost to manufacture a Warrior?

quote:Originally posted by Allsmiles

SpearWarrior,
He works for YMMC and get a new/pool bike every year at a GREATLY reduced price. If you knew what it cost manufacture a Warrior, you would be shocked! That's why they sell them after 1 year due to purchasing agreement.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
quote:Originally posted by ArizonaWarrior

What does it cost to manufacture a Warrior?

quote:Originally posted by Allsmiles

SpearWarrior,

Dude,

This thread is over 3 years old......[/emoticons/emotion-4.gif]

Dave

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
At least not before I got results. My dealer thought Danny Medina was a personal friend of mine. [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

The downside of that though was, I had the transmission recall done, before I learned of the R* 5th gear.[/emoticons/emotion-6.gif]

This time, I'm not rushing it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts