RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got my '04 Warrior and want to have the capability to carry baggage but I want a clean look when I do not want to carry luggage
(ie. no exposed brackets etc). I also do not want to scratch my rear fender as a result of carrying luggage. Will the Yamaha Cruiselite Saddlebag system accomodate my desire? You should know that I removed the passenger seat and installed 4 stainless steel bolts to plug up the 4 holes in the rear fender. I did this to give my warrior the "solo Boulevard" look. Does anyone have any other options? Pics showing the on and off appearance of your saddlebag system would be helpful. Thanks

·
Registered
419 Posts
I went with the Joe Rocket Sport Bags and Tail Bag for my 04. I still have the rear seat on and just throw the bags over the seat and use the provided strap to hook them to the passenger foot pegs. Then put the tail bag on the rear seat and hook it to the fender. The bag straps are adjustable so they should work fine without the rear seat, but you might want to throw something under them to protect the paint. For the most part I ride without them and sense there is no connectors, nothing shows.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Check out my recent post under product reviews...Coolsac Travel Bags. I think they might have what you're looking for and they will even custom design...great people to work with. The T-bags may also fit the bill. A good magnetic tank bag (Joe Rocket) may be a good choice and shouldn't damage your paint.

·
Registered
12,497 Posts
Do a search and you will come up with two topics that were covered on the Yamaha system back in June. I had posted pics of it on the bike and how it attached. Quite a few guys gave there review of the bags there.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I use the Yamaha Cruiselite bags and am able to carry everything I need as a daily rider (rain gear, cover, leathers, bungee cords) and still have room for more. I thought about getting larger bags but now I don't think I need them. I'm heading to Key West this weekend, and I have a Cruiser Bag to strap on the back to carry more. I also use a piece of felt under the Yamaha bags where they cross the fender although the underside of the bags has a felt like liner. Just extra insurance and cheap to replace. I get quite a few comments on how good the bags look. I'm thinking about re-locating the rear turn signals, and that will make it harder to secure the bags, but I'll come up with something when the time comes. Also, with the '04 Warrior, the attachment strap on the left side will not reach anywhere on your bike....I made an extension for mine.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Digging up an old thread here. Found some of these cruiselite bags online, not needing large bags and love the way they look. Are they waterproof and do they hold up?

·
Registered
417 Posts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
417 Posts
That stinks. The appearance is sweet though :) I like the option of the small side and the ability to just put it on without saddle brackets. That would be what I want. Good to know they aren’t high quality though

·
Registered
417 Posts
Which of the kuryakyn bags are really quick on and off? I’d prefer not to use brackets and if necessary the large seat bag could be an option.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts